Making blueberry simple syrup couldn’t be easier. Therefore, you have no reason to not have this gorgeous elixir in your fridge for when the urge strikes for a cocktail!
And when something calls for 2 ingredients plus water, you know it is simple! Blueberries and sugar! There you have it! A quick syrup that you can use for so many things!
This bright purple blueberry simple syrup can be used to flavor cocktails, lemonade, and club soda!
Servings: 1 bottle
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups water
- 3 Cups fresh blueberries
- Place sugar and water into pot, and stir
- Add blueberries in
- Bring sugar and water to a boil
- Let boil for 5 minutes
- Once syrup comes to a boil, let boil for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat, allow to cool
- Strain syrup into a large container with a spout, such as pyrex
- Can use blueberries strained out for a spread on toast
- Before bottling, be sure syrup is completely cool
- Pour syrup into glass bottles, sealing tightly
- Store in refrigerator
- Keeps in refrigerator for several weeks
- Use in cocktails
- Add to lemonade for a refreshing twist
- Add to sparkling water, and add a splash of lemon or lime for a nice natural soda
- Use for a cake syrup between layers to keep cake moist
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!