Without a doubt, Christmas M&M chocolate chip cookies are a reason to SMILE! We took our chewy chocolate chip cookie, and swapped out some chocolate chips for M&Ms. We not only added them into the cookie dough, but we piled more on top before we baked the cookies!
And if you love cookies, be sure to check out a few of our other recipes!
Adding M&Ms into the cookie dough, plus more on top before baking is KEY!
Ingredients for Christmas M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
Instructions for Christmas M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Cream together the butter and Crisco. Add the brown sugar, and continue to mix. Beat in the eggs, then vanilla and milk. Stir baking soda and salt into the flour in flour, Blend flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, making sure they are evenly distributed. Stir in 1 bag of M&Ms. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out balls of cookie dough and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Cover cookie with at least 5 or 6 additional M&Ms.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes, turning and rotating racks half way thru. Look for a golden brown, to ensure you do not over bake cookies.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, and then remove with a spatula to cool on a wire rack.
- Cookies may be stored in a covered container for up to 2 weeks.