When you smoke a big piece of meat on the weekend, y’all are able to make plenty of meals through out the week!
The brisket from https://shopfeltonangusbeef.com/collections/specialty
is our favorite!
This Angus beef brisket is ranch raised in Montana, and cooks up to a delicious tender perfection!
If you don’t have a smoker, you can always get some extra smoked brisket next time y’all are out at your favorite BBQ place, and whip this up in no time!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion, chopped fine
- 3 small jalapenos, seeded, 1 cut into rings, 2 cut into small dice
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 Hatch chilies
- 1 pablano chili
- 3–4 garlic cloves, shredded finely with a micro plane
- 1 c. half and half
- 1 lb. white American cheese cut into cubes
- 6 oz Monterey jack cheese, cut into cubes
- 6 oz. Pepper Jack cheese, cut into cubes
Pico de Gallo:
- 4 roma tomatoes cut into cubes (or 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved)
- 1/2 small red onion, very small dice
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons finely minced fresh cilantro, to taste
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Dash of sea salt
- ¾ pound sliced brisket, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can black beans, drained, & rinsed with water
- 1 teaspoon chili lime spice
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- Place jalapeno rings into vinegar in glass bowl, sit aside
- Roast hatch chilies over an open flame till black
- Place chilies into a glass bowl, and cover with plastic wrap for at least 20 minutes
- While hatch chili is sweating, prepare Pico by combining all ingredients into a bowl
- In a cast iron pan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the onion and sweat for 1 minute.
- Add in jalapeno, sweating another minute.
- Stir in garlic, and continue to stir, until garlic melts into butter, making sure to not burn.
- Pour in half and half and bring to a simmer, stirring continuously
- Stir in all of the cubes of cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove hatch chilies & under running water, remove skin and seeds
- Slice chilies into small strips
- Stir into the queso
- Warm the beef broth in a pan, with brisket
- Squeeze ½ a lime into the black beans in a glass bowl, and sprinkle with chili lime seasoning
- Warm black beans for 45 seconds on microwave, then sprinkle with cilantro
- Top queso with black beans, brisket, additional jalapenos & cilantro
- Serve with warmed tortilla chips and guacamole
Notes: Served with guacamole, recipe http://www.theperksofbeingus.com/guacamole/
Keywords: quest cheese dip brisket