Who doesn’t love a Panera strawberry poppyseed salad? We make our version with the addition of oranges and feta cheese. We like to marinate the chicken during the day, and then when we come home, we just roast off the sweet and spicy pecans, slice up some strawberries and oranges and whip up a simple poppyseed dressing. Grilled chicken salad is a great dinner, and if you double the batch you can take some for lunch the next day! Oh, and be sure to make enough of our sweet and spicy toasted pecans!
Ingredients you will need:
- Chicken breast
- Granulated garlic
- Smoked paprika
- Dried thyme
- Worcestershire sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Sriracha sauce
- Olive oil
- Champagne or white wine vinegar
- Orange juice
- Orange marmalade
- Poppy seeds
- Salt & Pepper
- Toasted Pecans
- Clemantine oranges
Ingredients for Marinated Grilled Chicken:
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
Ingredients for poppyseed dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
Panera Strawberry Poppyseed Salad Ingredients:
- 4 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 2 small clementine oranges peeled pith removed and sliced
- 8 strawberries sliced
- ½ cup sweet and spicy roasted pecans
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- A few hours before, or night before, add chicken to a sealable container, and add the ingredients for the marinade. Be sure to coat all sides and allow at least 1 hour to marinade.
- Prepare sweet and spicy toasted pecans.
- To grill the chicken, prepare the grill that you are using. Grill chicken for 3 minutes, then turn over. Grill for another 3 minutes and turn again, giving it a half spin, to create grill marks. Grill for another 3 minutes. Turn one last time, and grill for 2-3 minutes. Depending on the thickness of your chicken and the heat of the grill, you want to make sure chicken is done. For chicken breasts, check for 160 degrees internal temp, then pull off the grill, and cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- While chicken is grilling make the dressing. Mix together all the ingredients, and taste. Adjust seasonings or add more mustard, honey or juice as needed. Set aside.
- Slice strawberries, peel oranges and slice, and crumble feta cheese.
- Uncover chicken and slice into bite size chunks. Prepare salad by adding spinach, strawberries and oranges to a plate. Arrange grilled chicken over the top. Add the feta, pecans and drizzle dressing over, serving additional along the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Elaine & James
We used to buy this salad all of the time! Love the addition of oranges and feta! Yum!
Bruce and Dina Miller
Elaine and James,
Thank you! This is a tasty meal to share! So glad you like it!
Dina and Bruce
Pingback:Creamy Caesar Dressing - Salads The Perks of Being Us