These buttery, sweet cookies are good frosted or not frosted. We happen to like them frosted. Once they set for a day, they are super moist, and perfect with a glass of milk. My husband started making these for me once we were married. Once we had children, they became their most favorite cookie. Sprinkles or no sprinkles, we feel you too will have these become a family favorite.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and egg, mix.
- Add dry ingredients, mix.
- Form into a log, and wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Unwrap cookies, cut into 1/4 slices, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes, then turn, and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Ovens vary, watch for light brown. Pull cookies out, and put next pan in. When your turn the 2nd set of cookies, at half way point, remove first set with spatula to cooling rack. Be sure cookies are completely cool before frosting.