Veggie ravioli in lemon sauce is a simple dish to prepare. Definitely use purchased cheese ravioli from the refrigerated section of the grocery store for freshest, yet quickest taste! Obviously you can swap out the veggies we used for your favorites.
Clearly the lemon butter sauce is a lighter version than a typical cream sauce. Without a doubt, this is one of our favorite easy meals to prepare.
- 1 10 oz. bag of refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 large shallot minced, about 1/3 cup
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- Zest of one Lemon
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 2 cups of loosely packed fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb asparagus, rough ends removed, cut on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 7 tablespoons butter divided into 4 and 3
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Fresh ground pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Start water boiling, adding several dashes of salt
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add shallots, & sweat for a minute. Add garlic, stirring to sauté. Add 4-6 grinds of black pepper to taste
- Add wine, stir to scrape pan, cooking for a few minutes.
- Drop the pasta into boiling water and boil, according to instructions.
- While pasta is boiling, add a half cup of the chicken broth into the shallots and garlic, reserving rest till the end. Cook stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Toss in the asparagus, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the cooked ravioli into the sauce.
- After tossing the pasta to coat with sauce, add spinach & 1/2 the feta cheese. Toss gently, and add more broth to loosen, if needed. Finally, toss the fresh tomatoes in.
- Now you can serve pasta in bowls, as this is a more brothy pasta dish. Top each dish of pasta with feta and pine nuts, and garnish with fresh basil.
You may sub parmesan cheese for feta cheese. We used shaved parmesan for top of pasta. You can also make this dish with pasta, and no cheese, for a dairy free dinner.