Four Cheese ravioli with veggies is a simple dish to prepare. This is a simple recipe that uses purchased cheese ravioli from the refrigerated section of the grocery store. We use spinach, cherry tomatoes and asparagus. This recipe is on high rotation in the Summer wen we can use fresh basil. However, we make it year round, and use parsley as herb of choice!
What you will need to make this four cheese ravioli with veggies:
- Four cheese ravioli
- Baby spinach
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pine nuts
- Feta Cheese
- White wine
- Chicken or Veggie Broth
- Fresh Basil
Ingredients for four cheese ravioli with veggies:
- 1 10 ounce bag of refrigerated four cheese ravioli
- 1 large shallot minced about 1/3 cup
- 3 cloves garlic finely grated
- Zest of one Lemon
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 2 cups of loosely packed fresh baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lb asparagus rough ends removed, cut on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 7 tablespoons butter divided into 4 and 3
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup veggie broth
- Fresh ground pepper
- Fresh Basil
Instructions for four cheese ravioli with veggies:
- Start water boiling, adding several dashes of salt
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add shallots, & sweat for a minute. Add garlic, stirring to sauté. Add 4-6 grinds of black pepper to taste
- Add wine, stir to scrape pan, cooking for a few minutes.
- Drop the pasta into boiling water and boil, according to instructions.
- While pasta is boiling, add a half cup of the veggie broth into the shallots and garlic, reserving rest till the end. Cook stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Toss in the asparagus, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the cooked ravioli into the sauce.
- After tossing the pasta to coat with sauce, add spinach & 1/2 the feta cheese. Toss gently, and add more broth to loosen, if needed. Finally, toss the fresh tomatoes in.
- Now you can serve pasta in bowls, as this is a more brothy pasta dish. Top each dish of pasta with feta and pine nuts, and garnish with fresh basil.