Blackberry Simple Syrup:
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 4 oz. Gin or Vodka
- 2 oz. freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1 oz. blackberry simple syrup
- 1 oz. elderflower liquor
- 15 ripe fresh blackberries
Blackberry Simple Syrup
- First, in a small saucepan, add sugar and blackberries. Smash blackberries to release juice, while mixing into the sugar. Add water, and bring to boil. Reduce heat, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Next, pour syrup thru a mesh strainer, using back of spoon to press down any fruit. Reserve fruit for a nice spread for crackers.
- Lastly, pour syrup into a glass jar with lid. Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
- Chill 2 martini glasses in freezer. Add all but 10 blackberries into a cocktail shaker. Muddle the blackberries. Add ice, and shake vigorously.
- Double strain cocktails into 2 martini glasses. A double strain is using a Hawthorne drink strainer over the lip of the cocktail shaker, while pouring thru a fine mesh strainer, to pull out all the pulp from fruit.
- Garnish each cocktail with 5 blackberries thru a cocktail pick.
Keywords: blackberry gin vodka cocktails