- 1 1/2 cups salted butter (3 sticks)
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed tightly
- 2 eggs (we use Pete and Gerrys Organic Eggs)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar for rolling the dough in
Prepare cookie dough:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Cream the softened butter and brown sugar until fluffy using a stand or hand mixer.
- Mix in the eggs and molasses. Add the rest of the dry ingredients except flour, and mix.
- Measure flour in about 1 cup at a time, mixing on low in between.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes, and up to overnight.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 1/4 “ balls. Dip the tops of them into the granulated sugar, and place onto greased cookie sheet, 3” apart.
- When 2 cookie sheets are filled with the balls, sprinkle each with 2 or 3 drops of water. I just use a cup of water, and dip my fingers in and flick the water over the entire tray of cookies.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes, turning and switching shelves half way through. You want cookies to be firm, but not hard.
- Remove cookies from oven, and allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then remove from pan and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in a cool dry place.
- Category: baking
Keywords: chewy molasses crinkle cookies