Year’s ago we had salmon burgers at a restaurant for the first time. And there was something about the zesty flavor, and the toasty bun that had us wanting more.
These spicy salmon burgers go great with a simple slaw, or salad on the side. Vary the spices & peppers if you don’t like yours as spicy. Serve them up with a garlic or chipotle mayo and watch them disappear!
We hope you enjoy our these salmon burgers as a nice change of pace for your burger night!
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, or 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 1 large or 2 small jalepenos, seeded and diced fine
- ½ poblano pepper, diced (can sub in green or red pepper here)
- Enough olive oil to lightly coat bottom of 12 inch pan
- 2 cloves garlic, shredded or minced fine
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 16 oz. fresh salmon, chopped
- 1 tablespoons chili lime seasoning
- 1 teaspoon toasted garlic seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- Fine flour, such as wondra
- 3 brioche rolls
- Softened butter for rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat up olive oil in pan
- Add first 3 ingredients
- Sweat veggies, while stirring with a flat spoon for about 2 minutes
- Add in garlic, stir and sweat for another minute or so
- Be careful with heat not to brown, but just soften
- Set this mixture aside on a plate to cool
- Butter sliced brioche rolls and place flat side down on griddle
- Toast rolls till browned, and set aside
- Leave grill for the salmon burgers, as the light coating of butter left is perfect!
- Mix cooled veggies, egg, spices and panko into chopped salmon
- Use hands to gently combine mixture, being careful not to overmix
- Form 3 patties, and put onto parchment lined pan
- Dust on both sides with wondra flour
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes
- Pre heat griddle to a medium high heat
- Cook salmon patties for 2-3 minutes and then flip
- Cook for another 1 and a half minutes, then add butter to pan, and cover with the upside down cookie sheet to help “butter steam” them
- Serve with avocado, pickled red onions, and chimmichuri mayo, or your favorite toppings!
You can make large burgers, or 6 mini burgers with this recipe
- Category: seafood
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: salmon burgers