When it comes to cranberry sauce, we have always made the same recipe. Moreover, we make enough so we have leftovers. Admittedly, there are not too many times we have leftovers, as everyone loves this dish!
During any friends and family gathering, for a weekend, we use this cranberry sauce in our baked brie and cranberries in puff pastry.
- 1 16 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- The zest of all the oranges you squeeze
- Put all ingredients into a 4 quart pot
- Stir the ingredients occasionally as you simmer
- Be sure to use a lid (clear if possible) to cover, but leave a little room for steam to escape
- Cranberries will begin to pop as they cook, so be careful!
- Do not walk away, as in a few seconds this can boil over!
- After about 5 minutes or so, once all cranberries have popped, pull off the heat
- Allow to rest for about 5 minutes or longer
- Pour, while still warm into the serving glass bowl, set aside
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: american