- 1 16 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- The zest of all the oranges you squeeze
- Put all ingredients into a 4 quart pot
- Stir the ingredients occasionally as you simmer
- Be sure to use a lid (clear if possible) to cover, but leave a little room for steam to escape
- Cranberries will begin to pop as they cook, so be careful!
- Do not walk away, as in a few seconds this can boil over!
- After about 5 minutes or so, once all cranberries have popped, pull off the heat
- Allow to rest for about 5 minutes or longer
- Pour, while still warm into the serving glass bowl, set aside
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: american