Cranberry simple syrup makes the most delicious cocktails! Although I can get cranberry juice year round, using fresh cranberries in my cocktails gives them just that added level of awesomeness. Not only do our cocktails taste extra special with cranberry syrup, but the garnishes that you can make with fresh cranberries and rosemary are just so stinkin’ cute!
Clearly, when I see cranberries at the store for the first time in the fall I grab a bag! Okay, I grab 2! Within a few days, the orange cranberry cocktails find their way onto our entertaining cocktail list! We hope that you give this cranberry simple syrup a try. With the weather cooling down, make our Cranberry Bourbon Sour to warm things up!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Zest of one orange
- 2 cups of cranberries
- Add all ingredients to a pot over a medium heat. Bring to a low boil, and turn heat down..
- Cranberries will pop, so cover with a lid, leaving lid slightly off, for steam Do not walk away, as this could boil over. Trust me, its happened.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, watching for all cranberries to “pop”.
- Set aside, to cool, but still be warm.
- Strain liquid into a bowl with a spout to pour, like a large pyrex glass measuring cup.
- Save cranberries that you strain out to use for other use, such as on a turkey sandwich!
- Pour cranberry simple syrup into a glass jar with a top, or a mason jar while still warm
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: cranberry simple syrup