- 3 medium size ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of one lime
- Add onion, half the jalapeno, 1 teaspoon cilantro to the mojacete. Using the mortar, grind the ingredients down to form a bright green wet paste.
- Cut avocados in half, using a sharp knife to remove the seed by swiping down onto it, and turning to gently remove. Use a spoon to carve out the entire avocado halves
- Place avocado in the mocajete & squeeze a half lime over. Using a gentle rocking motion, start to smash to form a chunky guac
- Season with salt at this point, and taste. Adjust by adding more cilantro, or salt.
- Sprinkle tomatoes on top. Add additional minced jalapeños for more heat.