This mozzarella topped chicken will give your chicken dinners a kick start! This recipe calls for a quick sauté using a panko breading, but feel free to grill your chicken to health this up a notch!
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced horizontal to create 4 thin pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegtable oil for frying
- 1 8 ounce log of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 bundle of fresh asparagus, rinsed, ends cut off
- Dredging mixture (see below)
- Sauce (see below)
Dredging mixture for Chicken:
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 medium shallot diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasonings
- ½ cup white wine
- 8 grinds of black pepper
- ½ cup chopped roasted tomatoes (from deli section)
- 1 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- Heat oil in skillet. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and sauté in skillet on both sides till browned, and remove to a wire rack on a cookie sheet. Top them with slices of mozzarella and place in a 350 F oven. If cooking in 2 batches, cook the thicker pieces first, and place them in oven while doing the 2nd batch.
- To make sauce, melt the butter, add shallots, sauté. Add garlic, and Italian seasoning. Cook another few minutes. Add wine. Cook down a few minutes.
- Check doneness of chicken. Turn pan once. As cheese is finishing melting, finish sauce with tomatoes and steam asparagus in microwave dish. Can also roast asparagus in oven on another sheet.
- Add roasted tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Add fresh tomatoes, and cook for 1 minute.
- Place asparagus on plate, top with chicken, then sauce, and fresh parsley.