When it comes to a fan favorite dessert at our house, Philadelphia Oreo cheesecake is a huge favorite. The combination of Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Oreos is amazing. But, then Bruce had to add ganache on top to make it even better! And of course even more Oreos on top!
This Philadelphia Oreo cheese cake is made in a springform cheesecake pan, but you can just as easily make it in a sheet cake pan and cut into Philadelphia Oreo cheesecake squares. How fun is that?
For the Oreo Cheesecake Crust:
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Oreo Cheesecake:
- 4 (8 oz. blocks) of Philadelphia cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 sea salt
- 1 bag small Oreos (snack size)
For Milk Chocolate Ganache and topping:
- 12 oz. bag milk chocolate chips
- 6 oz. heavy cream
- 8 regular size Oreos
Instructions for Oreo Cheesecake:
- Pre-heat oven to 325. Wrap bottom and sides of a 9” springform pan with foil, set aside.
- Add 36 Oreos into food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs. Pour in melted butter, and pulse again.
- Press crumbs tightly into the springform pan, going about an inch up the side of the pan, making sure the bottom is pressed out evenly.Bake for 12 minutes, turning half way through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, and beat again. Add eggs, one at a time, then mix in sour cream and vanilla. Add flour and salt, and stir just until combined. Gently fold in bag of mini Oreos.
- Pour mixture into crust swirling top for an even finish. Place pan on a cookie sheet, and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, checking and turning every 30 minutes. Be sure to bake until center of cheesecake only slightly jiggles when you shake it.
- Turn off oven, prop open door, and let cheesecake cool in oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack before covering with foil, and refrigerate overnight.
Instructions for Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- Place milk chocolate chips in a heat safe glass bowl, and place in microwave at 33% in 2 minute increments until melted.
- Heat heavy cream in a pan until bubbles form around side.
- Pour cream slowly over the melted chocolate and stir until completely smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
Instructions to complete the top of the cheesecake:
- Cut the 8 Oreos in half.
- Pour the ganache slowly over the top of the cheesecake. Place the Oreos in a circle around the edge the the cake in a pattern. This actually will allow each slice to have an Oreo on top!
- Chill cheesecake for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: dessert
Keywords: oreo cheesecake