Nothing like sitting down to a family dinner of fish stick taquitos in less than 30 minutes! It is easy to do when you keep Gorton’s Fish Sticks in the freezer! This freezer staple makes weeknight dinners a snap!
And you can even enlist the help of your family to help you roll them up! Not only are these super easy to make, but if there are any leftovers, they can re-heat for a lunch or dinner later in the week! However, we can’t imagine there will be any fish stick taquitos left!
With this in mind, you may want to add an extra bag of Gorton’s Fish Sticks to your grocery list!
This recipe is sponsored content with Gorton’s Seafood.
For the seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili lime seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 8 grounds pepper
- pinch of sea salt
For the Avocado Crema:
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- juice of half a lime
- 1 handful (about 1/4 cup) fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
For the fish stick taquitos:
- 12 Gorton’s Fish Sticks
- 12 mini flour tortillas
- 6 pepper jack cheese sticks
- Vegetable oil spray
Make the Avocado Crema:
- To a blender, add sour cream, avocado, lime, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Taste, and adjust seasoning if needed. Spoon into bowl and place in fridge.
Prepare the Fish Sticks, Cheese & Tortillas:
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a sheet pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Mix the spice ingredients together with a fork in a small bowl. Place fish sticks on pan. Spray lightly and sprinkle seasoning over top. We make extra fish sticks because everyone loves them!
- Unwrap the string cheese, and split each into 2 pieces. Split the tortillas into 2 foil pouches and set aside.
Time to bake:
- Put fish sticks into oven for 4 minutes. Take out and flip fish sticks over & lightly season.
- Place pan back into oven on the 2nd shelf, and place the foil pouches on the top shelf.
- You want to warm the tortillas, but not get them crisp. Warming them will help keep taquitos together better.
- Now it is time for assembly! This is where you want to put the younger children in charge of placing the string cheese in the tortilla, and make sure they don’t touch the hot pan!
- Take 2 tortillas out of foil at a time and place on a plate, and add a piece of the string cheese and one fish stick to the edge, and then wrap tightly and set aside seam down. Repeat till all are done.
Time to season and bake:
- Re-spray same pan lightly and place all the rolled up taquitos seam down onto sheet pan. Sprinkle with seasoning, turn over, and sprinkle again, then place back to seam side down.
- Return to oven for 4 minutes, then pull out and turn over, so they brown on both sides. Place back into oven and check at 3 minutes, but may take 4 minutes till brown.
- Serve with bottle salsa, and avocado crema.
This post is sponsored by Gorton’s, as always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support The Perks of Being Us #Ad
- Category: dinner
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: fish stick taquitos