We love blackberry muffins. The bright color and flavor just bursts from these slightly tart, slightly sweet muffins of joy! As a result of using sour cream, these muffins will turn out so moist! Saving a few blackberries to place on top brings a bright look and a burst of flavor to them!
Without a doubt, we think the zest of lemon and nutmeg just take these blackberry muffins to the next level. Oh, and savor every bite of these blackberry muffins made with fresh Driscoll’s Berries!
- 2 large Pete and Gerrys Organic Eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Add in melted butter, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla, nutmeg, and lemon zest and mix until combined. Then add wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
- In a small bowl add 1 1/2 cup blackberries and toss with 1 tablespoon flour and gently fold into the batter. Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full. Scatter the remaining blackberries on the top of the muffins.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi! Just wondering do I add the baking soda to the dry mix? I didn’t see it in the directions. I might need a cocktail!
Thanks for pointing out that I needed to fix that! Yes, mix in with dry ingredients! I am sorry I am just getting back to you!
We hope you enjoy the recipe!
These look so good! YAy for the sour cream in there — yummm!!!
Oh so glad you like these!
I just made these muffins, and they were rather dense and heavy. I am wondering if the amount of heavy cream (one teaspoon) is correct? The batter was very thick, and I am wondering if more liquid would have helped?
Thank you for this feedback. The batter for our muffins is a thick one. Did they bake up well? Let us know. Thank you.
Absolutely delicious and moist! Where can I find the nutritional information?
Thank you for pointing out that I had not added that! It is now available! So glad you enjoyed! Have the best day!
Dina and Bruce
It should be there now! I am so glad you enjoyed. Thank you for reminding me to put the nutritional info!
Going to make these with my mom on my next visit with her, she’s going to love them!!
Bruce and Dina Miller
That is awesome! Say hello to your mom!!
Dina and Bruce
Pingback:Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Poppyseeds -
Pingback:Apple Monkey Bread with Bourbon Cream Cheese Glaze Featured