We love blackberry muffins. The bright color and flavor just bursts from these slightly tart, slightly sweet muffins of joy! As a result of using sour cream, these muffins will turn out so moist! Saving a few blackberries to place on top brings a bright look and a burst of flavor to them!
Without a doubt, we think the zest of lemon and nutmeg just take these blackberry muffins to the next level. Oh, and savor every bite of these blackberry muffins made with fresh Driscoll’s Berries!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until combined. Add in melted butter, sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla, nutmeg, and lemon zest and mix until combined. Then add wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined. Do not over mix.
- In a small bowl add 1 1/2 cup blackberries and toss with 1 tablespoon flour and gently fold into the batter. Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full. Scatter the remaining blackberries on the top of the muffins.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.