Fish Taquitos & Avocado Crema
Nothing like sitting down to a family dinner of fish taquitos in about 30 minutes! It is easy to do when you keep fish sticks in the freezer! This freezer staple makes weeknight dinners a snap! Air fryer fish sticks are so easy, and so crunchy!
And you can even enlist the help of your family to help you roll them up! Not only are these fish taquitos super easy to make, but if there are any leftovers, they can re-heat for a lunch or dinner later in the week! However, we can’t imagine there will be any of these yummy taquitos left!
Steps to make these fish taquitos:
Start by prepping your ingredients. Add the seasonings to a bowl and blend. Open the cheese sticks and pull apart into 2 pieces.
Pre-heat air fryer, or convection or standard oven, according to the package directions, and place fish sticks on a sheet pan. Make the avocado crema. Bake the fish sticks.
Prepare the tortillas:
Warm tortillas in foil in oven, while fish sticks are baking. Wrap baked fish stick and 1/2 a cheese stick in the warmed tortilla, placing seam side down to keep them from un-rolling.
Now it is time to bake these fish taquitos up!
- sheet pan
For the seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili lime seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 8 grounds pepper
- pinch of sea salt
For the Avocado Crema:
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- juice of half a lime
- 1 handful about 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
For the fish stick taquitos:
- 12 Fish Sticks
- 12 mini flour tortillas
- 6 pepper jack cheese sticks
- Vegetable oil spray
Make the Avocado Crema:
- To a blender, add sour cream, avocado, lime, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.1 avocado, 1/4 cup sour cream, juice of half a lime, 1 handful, salt and pepper to taste
- Taste, and adjust seasoning if needed. Spoon into bowl and place in fridge.
Prepare the Fish Sticks, Cheese & Tortillas:
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a sheet pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Mix the spice ingredients together with a fork in a small bowl.1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1 tablespoon chili lime seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, 8 grounds pepper, pinch of sea salt
- Place fish sticks on pan. Spray lightly and sprinkle seasoning over top. We make extra fish sticks because everyone loves them!12 Fish Sticks, Vegetable oil spray
- Unwrap the string cheese, and split each into 2 pieces. Split the tortillas into 2 foil pouches and set aside.12 mini flour tortillas
Time to bake:
- Put fish sticks into oven for 4 minutes. Take out and flip fish sticks over & lightly season.6 pepper jack cheese sticks
- Place pan back into oven on the 2nd shelf, and place the foil pouches on the top shelf.
- You want to warm the tortillas, but not get them crisp. Warming them will help keep taquitos together better.
- Now it is time for assembly! This is where you want to put the younger children in charge of placing the string cheese in the tortilla, and make sure they don’t touch the hot pan!
- Take 2 tortillas out of foil at a time and place on a plate, and add a piece of the string cheese and one fish stick to the edge, and then wrap tightly and set aside seam down. Repeat till all are done.
Time to season and bake:
- Re-spray same pan lightly and place all the rolled up taquitos seam down onto sheet pan. Sprinkle with seasoning, turn over, and sprinkle again, then place back to seam side down.
- Return to oven for 4 minutes, then pull out and turn over, so they brown on both sides. Place back into oven and check at 3 minutes, but may take 4 minutes till brown.
- Serve with bottle salsa, and avocado crema.
Give these other seafood meals a try!