First, pumpkin spice waffles just got better. Obviously, you must be thinking, “no way”. Way. Besides the pumpkin spice, we topped them with sweet and spicy pecans! In addition to that, we smothered them with butter and warm maple syrup. Okay, is that better? Not only are the pecans crunchy, but the slightly spicy is an incredible combo with the sweetness of the warm maple syrup!
Besides making these pumpkin spice waffles for a brunch, make a double batch to freeze for weekday breakfast! In addition to freezing well, these are so easy to just have the kids pop them into the toaster!
Falling in love with pumpkin? Clearly you may love to try:
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Waffles:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
- 1–1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sweet and spicy pecans
Instructions for Pumpkin Spice Waffles:
- First, in a small mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Next, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Now, Gently fold in pumpkin puree into wet ingredients
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until nearly smooth; a few small lumps may remain-do not over mix.
- Set oven to 200 degrees, to keep waffles warm as you make them.
- Spray your waffle iron with a non-stick cooking spray before preheating it.
- For an 8″ round waffle iron, use about 1/3 cup batter. Reduce heat to lowest and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the iron stops steaming or light goes off.
- Open and check waffles, they will be light brown and still soft to touch
- Give waffles the 2nd round to crisp, checking after 1, and then 2 minutes, to not over-brown!
- If making for a crowd, keep warm on a wire rack in a pan in the oven.Serve with butter, warm maple syrup and top with whole spicy pecans. Enjoy!
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: american