Chipotle deviled eggs are just so good. We like a spicy deviled egg over at our house! Bruce added a bit of chipotle to our deviled eggs a few years ago, and ever since then, they have been a favorite. These chipotle deviled eggs have a smoky, slightly spicy flavor. You can adjust the amount of spice to your liking. This seasoning can be added as canned chipotles in adobo sauce, or by using chipotle spice.
Oh, and the way we get perfectly peeled hard-boiled eggs is the method we found at PETE AND GERRYS!
What are chipotles?
Chipotle are small peppers that have been dried by a smoking process. This gives them a dark color, and a distinct smoky flavor. A very common way to find them is the canned variety. The smoky peppers are canned in a red sauce that has a fabulous smoky flavor as well. The make the best spicy deviled eggs!
Where can you buy chipotles?
Canned chipotles can be found in the latin foods aisle in most any grocery store.
Is there an alternative to canned chipotles?
Yes, you can find dry chipotle powder in the spice aisle of most grocery stores.
- 1 pot
- 1 bowl
- 1 fork
- 1 Knife
- Cutting board
- piping bag or ziplock bag
- Fill a medium or large pot with enough water to cover eggs by at least 2 inches, but do not add eggs yet. Bring water to a rolling boil.
- Once water is boiling, add the eggs and adjust the temperature to maintain a rolling boil. Start a timer for 12 minutes and prepare an ice bath.
- When the timer goes off, remove eggs from the pot and immediately place into ice bath for at least 10 minutes before peeling. Peel eggs, and sit on a paper towel to absorb any moisture.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a bowl. Smash the egg yolks with a fork until no large pieces remain. Add in the mayonnaise, mustard, chipotle, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended. Spoon or pipe the mixture back into the egg halves. Dust the tops with smoked paprika, and chives.
More appetizers to try:
- Sweet and Savory Baked Brie Bites
- Spicy Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Bleu Cheese
- Smoked Salmon Spread