Hazelnut Espresso Martini
If you’re looking for a good cocktail to enjoy with your friends on a cold winter night, this hazelnut espresso martini is the perfect choice. It has all of the warmth and spice that is associated with hazelnuts, but also adds a hint of sweetness to make it the ideal after-dinner drink.
Our newest favorite after dinner cocktail is a hazelnut espresso martini! This espresso martini cocktail is the perfect blend of espresso, Frangelico, Kahlua, & vodka. We added a dusting of chocolate and crystal sugar on the rim, & topped it off with frothed cream & coffee beans.
Frangelico hazelnut liqueur adds a warm, nutty flavor. Any coffee liqueur will work, but we prefer the flavor of kahlua. Godiva chocolate liqueur can be subbed in for the frangelico if you prefer. You can also use black cold brew or strong brewed coffee to replace the espresso.
Why you will like this Espresso martini recipe:
Flavor: The intense, warm flavor that you get from the combination of the espresso, with hazelnut liqueur, coffee liquer and vodka is incredible.
Cost: The cost to make these at home, versus spending upwards of $15 for an espresso martini at a club or restaurant is so much lower!
Wow Factor: Everyone is always so impressed by espresso martinis! Floating the the coffee beans on the froth is such a finish! You will be the ultimate bartender at home!
- 2 ounces espresso
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon crystal sugar
- 1 ounce Frangelica hazelnut liqueur
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Kahlua Coffee liqueur
- 3 drops chocolate bitters optional
- 1 ounce half and half or cream
- 3 Espresso beans for garnish
- Allow espresso to come to room temperature.2 ounces espresso
- Place cocoa powder and crystal sugar on a plate. Pour hazelnut liqueur over rim of martini glass, over the cocktail shaker. Gently roll rim of martini glass back and forth to create a festive rim of chocolate and sugar. Set glass aside.1 tablespoon cocoa, 1 teaspoon crystal sugar
- Pour the rest of the Frangelico, vodka, Kahlua, and espresso into the cocktail shaker. Add in 3 drops of chocolate bitters. Add ice and shake vigorously. Strain into martini glass.1 ounce Frangelica hazelnut liqueur, 1 ounce vodka, 1 ounce Kahlua Coffee liqueur, 3 drops chocolate bitters, Ice
- Froth the half and half using a hand held frother. You can also use a small whisk, spinning back and forth with your hands. Add froth to the top of the cocktail, and gently place 3 coffee beans onto the foam.1 ounce half and half or cream, 3 Espresso beans for garnish
Give these other festive martinis a try!