Pomegranate Lemon Drop Martini
I love a pomegranate lemon drop martini It’s bright and sweet, with a little bit of tartness from the lemon. This recipe is great for entertaining because it’s easy to make in bulk so that you have plenty for your party guests—and it looks as beautiful as it tastes!
What you will need to make this Martini:
To make the simple syrup, combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until all the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool completely before using as needed.*
For the pink sugar rim
To make the pink sugar rim, roll the edge of a martini glass in pomegranate juice then dip it in sugar. It will create a slightly pink sugar rim. At this point place the martini glasses in the freezer or fridge.
This martini can serve as a decoration at your party, too!
This drink is a great party drink for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a formal dinner party or throwing an impromptu gathering of friends, this martini will make your guests feel welcome—and maybe even help them relax!
You can serve this cocktail in a martini glass, but it’s also an excellent decoration for your party table. Once the martini has been strained into the glass and served to guests, add pomegranate seeds at the bottom of each cup (they’ll sink to the bottom). You could also create a non-alcoholic version of this recipe if you’re serving children at your event; just remove all alcohol ingredients from Step 1 and proceed with mixing lemon juice and simple syrup together in Step 2.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. It’s so easy to make, and it tastes delicious! These martinis are perfect for a special occasion or just an everyday drink. They have a beautiful color that everyone will be jealous of—and they make great decorations too!
More cocktails from The Perks of Being Us….
Ingredients for pomegranate lemon drop martini:
- 1/2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces fresh pomegranate arils or 2 ounces of pomegranate juice
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur we use Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces vodka
Ingredients to rim the glass:
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
Instructions for rimming cocktail glasses for pomegranate lemon drop martinis:
- Break up a few pomegranate arils into a tablespoon of lemon juice, to form a pink juice.
- Place sugar on a flat plate, slightly mounding. Gently roll edge of martini glass in the pink juice, and then dip in the sugar, carefully pulling up and setting upright to slightly dry.
Instructions for mixing pomegranate lemon drop martini:
- In a cocktail shaker, combine lemon juice and fresh pomegranate arils. Muddle to get all the juice out of the arils.
- Using a fine strainer, strain out the pomegranate arils, squeezing to get all the juice out of them. Discard the arils. Pour juice back into shaker.
- Add the orange liqueur, simple syrup and vodka to the pomegranite lemon juice. Add a few cubes of ice, and shake.
- Strain into pink sugar rimmed martini glass.
More Cocktails from our favorite bloggers!
Festive Spiked Butterscotch Egg Nog from Alaina IG @honestfoodie_blog
Spiced Orange Gin Spritz from Debbye Jean from Ooh La La It’s Vegan
Apple Pie Margarita from Krista IG @desocio_in_the_kitchen