This Amaretto Cheesecake has got to be one of my most favorite Bruce Cheesecakes. He used just enough Amaretto alcohol to give it that amazing flavor! Although this Amaretto cheesecake is delicious just plain, you know Bruce had to take it to the next level with a layer of Amaretto mousse, and toasted almonds! Oh, and that crust? It is made with animal crackers and almonds…it is so good!
Table of contents
What you will need to make this Amaretto Cheesecake:
Ingredients for the Crust:
1. Animal Crackers: This is the base for the crust and provides a sweet, crunchy texture.
2. Melted Butter: The melted butter binds the cracker crumbs together to form the crust.
3. Raw Slivered Almonds: Adds a nutty flavor and texture to the crust.
4. Almond extract: Enhances the almond flavor in the crust.
Ingredients for the Cheesecake filling:
1. Cream cheese – Forms the creamy base of the cheesecake.
2. Sugar – Adds sweetness to the filling.
3. Sour cream – This secret ingredient provides creaminess and a slight tang to the filling.
4. Eggs – Act as a binding agent and add structure to the cheesecake.
5. Almond extract – Enhances the almond flavor, providing more flavor without more alcohol
6. Vanilla extract – Adds a hint of vanilla flavor to balance the almond.
7. Amaretto – Infuses the cheesecake with amaretto liquor flavor.
8. Flour – Helps to thicken the filling and give it stability.
Almond Topping Ingredients:
1. Butter – Used to toast the slivered almonds.
2. Almonds – Toasted almonds are sprinkled on top of the cheesecake for added crunch and flavor.
3. Salt – Enhances the flavor of the almonds.
Creamy Topping Ingredients:
1. Cream cheese – Forms the base for the creamy topping.
2. Amaretto – Adds amaretto flavor to the creamy topping.
3. Powdered sugar – Sweetens and thickens the topping and whipped cream
4. Heavy whipping cream – Provides the creamy texture and lightens the topping.
These ingredients come together to create a delicious Amaretto Cheesecake with a flavorful almond crust, rich cheesecake filling infused with amaretto, a crunchy almond topping, and a creamy amaretto-flavored topping to finish it off.
- Springform pan
- Wooden spoon
- piping bag for whipped cream
Ingredients for Amaretto Cheesecake:
- 1 cup animal cracker crumbs about 50 crackers
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- ¾ cup almonds slivered
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Almond topping ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup almonds slivered
- pinch salt
Creamy topping ingredients:
- 8 ounces packages cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions for Amaretto Cheesecake:
- Preheat oven to 325 °F
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch cheesecake pan with parchment paper.
- Place the animal crackers and almonds into a food processor and pulse until no large pieces remain. Add five tablespoons of melted butter and 1 teaspoon of almond extract and pulse to combine. Spread the mixture into the prepared cheesecake pan. Use the flat bottom of a measuring cup to press the crust mixture flat into the pan and slightly up the side.1 cup animal cracker crumbs, 5 tablespoons butter, ¾ cup almonds, 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Place a 9 X 13 pan half filled with water on the bottom shelf of the oven.
- Put the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the paddle attachment until smooth and no lumps remain. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in the sugar and mix until smooth. Add in the sour cream and mix for 30 seconds. Add in the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add in the vanilla, almond extract and ½ cup amaretto and mix for 30 seconds. Stir in the flour.40 ounces packages of cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup sour cream, 4 eggs, 1 teaspoon almond extract, ½ tablespoon vanilla extract, ½ cup amaretto, 1/3 cup flour
- Pour the filling into the cheesecake pan and place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 55 minutes. Rotate 180 degrees half way through.
- Bake until the edges are set but the center still has a slight jiggle.
- Turn off the oven off and leave the door cracked open. Allow the cake to sit in the warm oven for another 45 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven to cooling rack until completely cooled. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
For the topping:
- Melt the butter in a large shallow pan. Add the sliced almonds. Over medium heat, roast the almonds until golden brown. Spread the roasted almonds out over parchment paper and sprinkle with salt. Allow to cool.2 tablespoons butter, ½ cup almonds
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth and no lumps remain. Add in the amaretto and ¼ cup powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- In a separate bowl whip, the heavy cream until peaks begin to form. Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- With the cheesecake still in the pan, cut off any uneven pieces, and set aside for a snack! Now smooth the mousse over the top.
- Sprinkle the toasted almonds over the top and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove from springform pan to slice and serve. Optional: Pipe with fresh sweetened whipped cream.