Summer is the perfect time for a watermelon blackberry martini. Using fresh fruit at it’s peak freshness, is the key! Watermelon and blackberries are 2 fruits that taste so good together. We like muddling them together with a little lime to bring out the brightness.
If you are planning a party on the go, these make up well in small mason jars, then just add ice and shake when you get to the party! Just a little tip for making this a party cocktail!
If you want to mix things up in a big batch, you can put this cocktail in a glass pitcher, and have some fresh berries and chunks of watermelon in the pitcher. Be sure to have plenty of ice to pour the cocktail over. And always have bottles of water for your guests so they stay hydrated!Print
- Enough seedless watermelon chunks to fill a cocktail shaker or large mason jar half way
- One small triangle slice of watermelon including rind for garnish
- A handful of fresh blackberries, setting a few aside for garnish
- The juice of one lime
- 2 oz of vodka or gin, or more per your preference
- ½ oz of orange liqueur
- Muddle all the fruit and lime juice in cocktail shaker till smooth
- Add ice to cocktail shaker
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into chilled martini glass
- Garnish with slice of watermelon & blackberries