Brown speckled bananas means banana bread! For a banana bread with a punch of flavor, try this recipe out! Over at our house, there are a few view points on banana bread. And one of them most definitely is WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS! Nuts are something that I happen to love.
Therefore, we make a big batch of banana bread, so we can have 2 loaves! One with chocolate, and one with nuts! And the nice thing about this recipe, is it makes 2 loaves! One for now, and one to freeze for later! Win-Win!Print
Ingredients for Batter:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Ingredients for Toppings and Mix-Ins:
- 1 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cream butter and sugars till light and fluffy with mixer.
- Peel and smash bananas with a fork in bowl. Add to butter mixture.
- Beat eggs with fork in the same bowl you smashed bananas. (Less dishes to wash!)
- Pour the beaten eggs in.
- Add balance of dry ingredients except flour, mix in.
- Start to add flour one cup at a time, mixing in.
- Butter 2 parchment lined loaf pans
- Scoop out 1/4 batter into one loaf pan, then sprinkle with half the chocolate chips. Using a butter knife, swirl them in.
- Repeat same steps in 2nd loaf pan, only with walnuts.
- Divide remaining batter into each loaf pan. Smooth over the top.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top of one and walnuts over the top of other. Press in slightly, but still allow to show.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning half way thru.
- Check for doneness by pressing down lightly on top, looking for a bounce back. Bake another 5-10 minutes if needed as ovens vary.
- Cool at least 30 minutes before pulling out of pan with parchment. Serve warm or room temp.
- Bread stays fresh stored in fridge for 1 week.
- Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Category: baked goods
- Cuisine: american