Get ready for the tastiest gluten-free chicken tenders ever! We marinade the chicken tenders in buttermilk and spices to get the flavor going. We add more spices to Pearson Farm Pecan Meal, along with freshly grated parmesan, and then just add a drizzle of oil to bake! We get the chicken ready the night before, so that when we get home from work, all we have to do is grab a bag of the pecan meal, spices and parmesan, and your family will be reaching for these tasty chicken tenders in about 30 minutes!
This post is sponsored by Pearson Farm
But this recipe is not just for gluten-free chicken tenders! We also made up a great dipping sauce! Our spicy peach dipping sauce is made with Pearson Farm Peach Pepper Jelly! Of course, we could dip the chicken tenders in the jelly by itself, cause it is just that good! But, we mixed it with mayonnaise, dijon, sour cream and pickle juice for a fabulous creamy dip!
Pearson Farm Pecan Meal is gluten free, keto-friendly, and never cross contaminated with other tree nuts. Once you try it, we know it will become a pantry staple, especially for nut allergy sufferers and those avoiding grains. Since Pearson Farm Pecan Meal consists of finely ground pieces of our Signature Pecans, the depth and complexity of flavor is unmatched. Use Pecan Meal when breading fish or chicken, as a flour substitute, in smoothies and grain bowls, or as a thickener for gravy or oatmeal.
What you will need to make these Gluten Free Chicken Tenders:
- Chicken breasts
- Garlic powder
- Course pepper
- Hot sauce
- Pearson Farm pecan meal
- Garlic powder
- Chili lime seasoning
What you will need to make the peach pepper dipping sauce:
- Sour cream
- Mary’s Peach Pepper Jelly
- Dijon mustard
- Dill pickle juice
- Salt & Pepper
Ingredients for chicken tenders marinade:
- 2 chicken breasts trimmed and sliced into strips
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon course pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce we use Sriracha
Ingredients for the gluten-free breading:
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan
- 2 cups Pearson Farm pecan meal
- 1 tablespoon course peppers
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili lime
Ingredients for the peach pepper dipping sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ tablespoon peach pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
Instructions for marinating the chicken:
- Start by cutting the chicken breasts into strips, and then cutting those in half to form smaller tenders. Add them to a heavy duty plastic bag. Pour buttermilk over chicken, and add garlic powder, pepper and hot sauce. Let marinade for at least 2 hours, but preferably all day, or overnight.
Instructions for making the dipping sauce:
- Add mayonnaise and sour cream to a bowl. Add in the Pearson Farm Peach Pepper Jelly, dijon, pickle juice and spices. Stir, and taste. Adjust spices, or add in more jelly, or juice.
Instructions for preparing and baking the chicken tenders:
- Pre-heat convection oven or air-fryer to 400 degrees. Prepare sheet pan by adding 2 layers of parchment. Add a grid to another pan and pull the chicken tenders out of the marinade to drain off excess buttermilk. Lightly salt the chicken.
- Using the wet hand dry hand method, dip the chicken pieces into the breading. Use one hand (the wet hand) to grab the chicken and place in pecan cheese mixture. Use the other hand to cover with the breading and press in (the dry hand). Be sure to press the pecan mixture into the chicken, and turn over and do this again. Place pieces of coated chicken on the parchment lined sheet pan in rows. Do not over crowd the pan.
- Drizzle a little bit of oil over each tender. Place tenders in oven for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and turn over the tenders. Bake for another 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let rest for a few minutes, then place on a serving plate. Serve with dipping sauce and celery sticks.