Be the HIT of the PARTY with these Sweet and Savory Boursin Mini Pecan Tarts! It only takes 5 ingredients, and in less than an hour you will have these pecan appetizers ready to serve! And you know what else? These Boursin and Pecan appetizers are great MAKE-AHEAD snacks that can be stored in the fridge and heated up for the party!
What you will need to make these Sweet and Savory Boursin Mini Pecan Tarts:
- Puff Pastry
- Boursin Cheese
- Pearson Farms Peach Pepper Jelly
- Pearson Farms Pecan Pieces
- Spray oil
- Tart Pan
- Biscuit cutter, or pizza cutter
We are partnering with Pearson Farm to bring you this Pecan Appetizer!
We are sharing some savings for the Fall Holiday Season!
Save 15% on Pearson Farm Pecans to make this recipe, and so many more for your Fall and Holiday festivities! Be sure to use the SAVINGS CODE: PERKS15 when you check out!
- Mini muffin pan
Instructions for Sweet and Savory Boursin Mini Pecan Tarts:
- Thaw puff pastry in fridge overnight, or on the counter with a towel over it for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Add the pecan pieces to a skillet and lightly toast for about 2 minutes, watching and staring with a wooden spoon to avoid buying them. Pecans have a high oil content, and can go from fine to burnt in a matter of seconds. (Trust me, I know from experience!) Immediately pull the pecans off the heat and pour into a bowl or onto a piece of foil to cool.
- Spray the inside of mini tart form pan with spray oil. We have an 8 mini tart pan, but they come in different varieties. This recipe will make about 9 tarts.
- Using a circle biscuit cutter that will give you a round that will fit into the tart pan, start to cut out rounds out of the puff pastry. You can also just cut the puff pastry into 9 even squares. They will just have a slightly different look.
- Push the pastry pieces down into the oiled tins with a wooden bar tool, or your fingers. Once this is done for all the tarts, you are ready for the next ingredients.
- Now it is time to add a bit of the Boursin cheese into each tart. Divide the cheese out into each tart, about 1 teaspoon a piece. Since the cheese is so hard to measure, just use your fingers to put it into the pastry.
- Next, it is time to put a bit of the jelly over the cheese just enough to cover. Now top with a generous abount of the toasted pecans. Lastly, top the pecans off with another bit of the jelly.
- At this point, pop the into the freezer for about 2o minutes. This is key to having the puff pastry puff up! Bake them for 10 minutes, and turn. Bake for 8 minutes and check. Ovens vary, so it may take a total of 28-30 minutes to see them puff up. You may need to tent them half way with foil if the tops are getting brown.
- Bring tarts out and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, and then using a butter knife, circle around the outside of them, and pop them out onto a serving tray. If you are making them in advance, still do this part, as if they set up, they may stick to the tin. You may also use mini tart liners if you wish.
- Before serving, sprinkle minced chives over the tops. Enjoy!
Oh, and if you have a bit of a sweet tooth, these pecan treats will be just the perfect bite!