Vegetarian broccoli cheddar soup has got to be one of the creamiest, dreamiest soups ever. We prep most of the ingredients on a Sunday so that making soup when we get home is a snap! This can be served as gluten-free vegetarian broccoli cheddar soup or for dinner in sourdough bowls. Be sure to make enough so you can have leftovers to take in for lunch the next day!
What you will need to make this Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Roasted Garlic Boullon
- Vegetable Bouillon
- Vegetable broth
- Bay Leaf
- Dried thyme
- Half and Half
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Velveeta cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
Servings: 6 bowls of soup
- Ingredients for Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium onion diced small
- 5 cloves shredded garlic
- 4 Tbsp Flour
- 1 ½ tsp better than bullion garlic stock
- 1 ½ tsp better than bullion vegetable stock
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Dried thyme
- 1 ½ cups Half and Half
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper optional
Ingredients for Broccoli Cheese Soup Topping:
- 1 cup medium broccoli florets
- Melt butter in a pot. Toss in carrot and onion and cook until soft and golden brown. Add in garlic, flour and bullion stock. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in vegetable broth, bay leaf, nutmeg, thyme and small broccoli florets. Simmer for 10 - 12 minutes until the broth starts to thicken. Remove bay leaf.
- Add in half and half, Velveeta and shredded cheese. Stir until melted.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Steam medium florets until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Use to garnish the soup and add to the soup.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
More soups to try!
- Spicy Turkish Red Lentil Soup
- Panera 10 Vegetable Soup
- Rotisserie Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Maple Bourbon Butternut Squash Soup