Panera 10 vegetable soup
Panera 10 vegetable soup recipe is so easy to make at home. This soup launched to Panera customers in 2019. Garden vegetable soup is one of the lowest calorie soups you can get at your local Panera bread restaurants. And now you can make this under 300 calorie soup at home! Panera’s new soup was the only vegan soup introduced in 3 years as part of a push to introduce plant based meals.
Is this soup just like Panera’s original?
Panera’s version of this vegan 10 vegetable soup has a few more ingredients than our version (like yeast extract and potato flour among a few others.) Our version has lot’s of healthy goodness, fresh lemon and lime, and barley instead of brown rice. (cause barley cooks quick, and we love it) Depending on what you have at home, you can swap ingredients as needed. If you would prefer green beans instead of spinach, make it happen. This calls for red peppers and yellow peppers, but green bell peppers will work just fine! You can make this in an instant pot, or a slow cooker! You can even make a large pot of it over medium heat on the stove, and let it simmer through out a Sunday, so you have soup for lunch for the week!
Simply put, your choice of options on what to add, or how to cook, is up to you! We know you will love using aleppo chile as a seasoning, if you can find it, but regular chil pepper will due just fine. Your taste buds will love the cozy goodness that this copy-cat Panera vegetable soup will bring you! Feel free to serve this in a bread bowl on a cold day, with a lemon wheel on top, and freshly squeezed lime juice. This is the perfect rainy day meal.
Quality Ingredients that make this soup so good!
Olive oil: Provides a rich and smooth base for sautéing vegetables and building flavors.
Onion: Adds a savory and slightly sweet flavor base to the soup.
Carrots: Offer natural sweetness and a vibrant orange color, enhancing both taste and aesthetics.
Celery: Contributes a refreshing and mild flavor, adding depth to the soup’s taste profile.
Poblano peppers: Bring a mild heat and smokiness, balancing out the sweetness of other vegetables.
Yellow bell pepper: A dds sweetness and bright color, diversifying the visual appeal of the soup.
Red bell pepper: Offers sweetness and a slightly tangy taste, complementing the other flavors.
Chickpeas: Add protein and a hearty texture to the soup, making it more satisfying.
Corn: Imparts natural sweetness and adds a pleasant crunch to each spoonful.
Spinach: Provides a nutritious element, introducing a pop of green and a slightly earthy taste.
Fire roasted tomatoes: Infuse a deep, smoky flavor that enhances the overall complexity of the soup.
Garlic: Intensifies the savory and aromatic qualities of the soup.
Barley: Offers a chewy texture and nutty flavor, making the soup more substantial.
Tomato paste: Enhances the tomato flavor and adds a hint of acidity to balance other tastes.
Lemon: Adds a refreshing citrusy note, brightening up the soup’s flavors.
Lime: Contributes tanginess and freshness, complementing the other ingredients.
Aleppo chili powder: Provides a mild, fruity heat that adds depth without overpowering.
Paprika: Offers a smoky and slightly sweet flavor, enriching the overall taste profile.
Vegetable Bouillon: Provides concentrated vegetable flavor, enhancing the soup’s base.
White wine: Adds a layer of complexity and depth to the broth.
Bay leaves: Infuse a subtle earthy aroma and flavor, contributing to the overall balance.
Thyme: Brings herbaceous notes, enhancing the overall savory profile of the soup.
Vegetable stock or vegetable broth: Forms the flavorful foundation of the soup, tying all ingredients together.
Pepper: Elevates the soup’s taste with a gentle spice and warmth.
Together, these ingredients create a well-rounded, flavorful, and visually appealing Panera 10 Vegetable Soup that’s satisfying and comforting to enjoy.
What to serve with Panera 10 vegetable soup:
For the lowest calorie count, serve this soup on it’s own. However, a toasted piece of sourdough is perfect to dunk into this soup. Our sourdough bread is made with just flour, water, and salt, so it is a great vegan option. Other great side dishes would be cornbread, biscuits, or yeast rolls.
How to store leftovers:
You can store this soup on a large container in the fridge, or divide it into single servings. You can use small mason jars or any type of plastic container. If you plan on eating the soup that week, just keep in the fridge. We also put a few in the freezer to use in the upcoming weeks for lunch. Simply take out of fridge the night before, and let sit on counter at work, then re-heat on low in the microwave.
Check out this post with more Vegan Soups!
By Another Tablespoon Blog
- Soup pot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large carrots chopped
- 4 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Better than Bouillon Seasoned Vegetable base
- 1 poblano pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas
- 1 10 ounce bag of frozen corn
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 14.5 ounce cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons aleppo chili powder
- 1 teaspoons smoked Paprika
- 1/2 cup white or red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 32 ounces of vegetable stock or vegetable broth
- Black pepper
How to prepare Panera 10 vegetable soup:
- In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat until hot. Add carrot and celery. Sauté until for 2 minutes. Add 8 grinds of black pepper. Add in onions and garlic, and sauté for another minute or so.
- Add in the roasted veggie Better than Bouillon paste, tomato paste, thyme, paprika, aleppo chili powder. Stir together with the veggie mixture for 2-3 minutes to cook down the tomato paste.
- Deglaze the pan by adding in the white wine, by scraping down any of the brown bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add the trio of peppers and stir.
- Add the stock, roasted tomatoes, and bay leaf, and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add in the cooked barley, chick peas and frozen corn. Squeeze in the fresh lemon and lime, then cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover the soup, stir, then stir in the spinach (it should wilt in about 1-2 minutes), then turn off the heat.
- Garnish the Panera 10 Vegetable soup with lemon slices, or serve lemon wedges on the side.
More Soup Recipes to Try!