Nothing makes every trouble in the world go away like a chocolate chip cookies. Clearly home made chocolate chip cookies are the only way to go!
For years, Bruce has made the same recipe for his chocolate chip cookies. The combination of butter with shortening, and just brown sugar gives these cookies a chewy, rich flavor that can’t be beat.
We truly believe that these chocolate chip cookies will be a must make over at your house!
Want more chocolate desserts? Go check out
The Best Brownies
Want more cookies? Check out:
Peanut Butter Cookies
Servings: 36 cookies
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 Cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup butter flavored Crisco
- 2 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 eggs we use Pete and Gerrys Organic Eggs
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups chocolate chips 2 12 oz. bags
Instructions for Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Cream together the butter and Crisco. Add the brown sugar, and continue to mix. Beat in the eggs, then vanilla and milk. Stir baking soda and salt into the flour in flour, Blend flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips, making sure they are evenly distributed. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out balls of cookie dough and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes, turning and rotating racks half way thru. Look for a golden brown, to ensure you do not over bake cookies.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, and then remove with a spatula to cool on a wire rack.
- Cookies may be stored in a covered container for up to 2 weeks.
Make a double batch, and scoop out extra balls of dough and freeze on a sheet of parchment, and then store in a container in the freezer. This way you can have fresh cookies whenever you want! Be sure to allow them to soften slightly before you bake them.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Pingback:Christmas M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies - The Perks of Being Us