The smell of banana bread baking is always welcome at our house. Along with being such a great baker, my mother also made good use of everything! Subsequently, when the bananas were brown, we got banana bread! Obviously she used bananas, but she also would add in a “pinch” of this and a pinch of that.
While staying true to my mom’s version of banana bread, I also add in a few pinches of this and that. In particular, we use cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger along with orange zest.
Without a doubt, this is an easy recipe for my boys to make now! In addition to a simple ingredient list, this is made in a blender!Print
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons orange rind
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 small bananas
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees. Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with spray oil
- Scatter pecans on sheet, and bake for 10 minutes, stirring halfway thru.
- Remove pecans from pan once roasted to cool
Prepare Banana Bread Batter:
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt.
- In blender chop nuts for 10 seconds.
- Add ¾ cup of the nuts to the flour mixture, reserving balance to put on top of banana bread.
- In blender put sugar, butter, egg, bananas, orange rind and milk. Push puree for 15 seconds.
- Pour the banana mixture over the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix till moistened.
- Spray a sheet of parchment with spray oil. Put parchment into a loaf pan, with some of the parchment hanging over the edge. This will make for easier removal of the banana bread.
- Pour batter into a parchment lined loaf pan. Sprinkle balance of pecans on top
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Since ovens vary, check for a spring back when touched, and a toothpick to come out clean
- Cool and serve sliced with butter.
- Category: bread
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: banana bread cinnamon citrus pecans