These lemon ricotta pancakes with warm blueberry compote are the perfect combination of tart and sweet. The pancakes are so fluffy! We love serving these with butter and a dusting of powder sugar.
What you will need to make these lemon ricotta pancakes:
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Ricotta cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon extract
Ingredients for blueberry sauce:
- 1 ½ pints fresh blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
Instructions for Blueberry Sauce:
- Combine blueberries, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sugar is dissolved and blueberries soften. While this is cooking, make the pancake batter.
Instructions for Lemon Ricotta Pancakes:
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl. Add in the milk, ricotta, and vanilla and beat until well combined. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, until just combined. Fold in the lemon juice, zest and lemon extract.
- Heat a griddle and brush with a little melted butter. Drop batter onto griddle from a 1/3 cup measuring cup.
- Serve cooked pancakes with butter and blueberry sauce. Sprinkle with additional blueberries and powder sugar. Serve with butter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Pingback:Crepes - The Perks of Being Us Crepes The Perks of Being Us
Pingback:Blueberry Sweet Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting -