Anytime we make these peanut butter cookies, we make a double batch. We then roll up a bunch of balls and allow to freeze and keep them in a bag in the freezer, for when we want freshly baked cookies! These cookies are crunchy on the outside, and tender on the inside. Perfect to dip into a cold glass of milk!
Make the them with or without a chocolate kiss on top!
Servings: 36 cookies
- Ingredients for peanut butter cookies
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs we use Pete and Gerrys
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
Instructions for peanut butter cookies:
- First, whisk flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a bowl.
- Next, blend shortening, butter, peanut butter and sugars with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Now it is time to add in 1 egg at a time until just incorporated.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Scoop balls onto a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart, using a small ice cream scoop. Using a fork, smash on direction, then again to form a criss cross design.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning baking sheets half way through. Allow to cool on pan for a few minutes, then using a spatula remove to a rack to cool.
To make peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses, do not press with fork, but bake following directions, and when cookies come out, slightly smash one Hershey’s kiss onto top of cookie. Allow to set up.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
When your recipe calls for shortening….. what exactly do you use ? Please!
We use butter flavor crisco. We try and get it in the measured sticks, but also keep it in the can. We promise this will make them so great!
Bruce and Dina Miller
We actually use Butter flavored Crisco! We use it exclusively when we say shortening. We keep it in the wrapped sticks, which we find very easy to measure for baking! We also keep it in the tub for when we fry chicken. Let us know if you make them and what you think!
Thank you for reaching out!
Dina and Bruce
Pingback:Christmas M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies - The Perks of Being Us
Pingback:Chocolate Chip Cookies - Chocolate Chip Cookies