Crisco Peanut Butter Cookies
Anytime we make these Crisco peanut butter cookies, we make enough to bake later. We then roll up a bunch of balls and allow to freeze and keep them in a bag in the freezer, for when we want freshly baked cookies!
Make the them with or without a chocolate kiss on top!
Our recipe is for a big batch of cookies. I like this recipe cause I can use a whole jar of peanut butter, so no measuring!
- measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Container with lid
- cookie scoop
- cookie sheets
- Wire cooling rack
Instructions for peanut butter cookies:
- First, whisk flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a bowl.5 cups flour, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt
- Next, blend shortening, butter, peanut butter and sugars with an electric mixer until smooth.1 cup shortening, 1 cup butter, 2 cups peanut butter, 2 cup sugar, 2 cup brown sugar
- Now it is time to add in 1 egg at a time, mixing until just incorporated.4 eggs
- Add flour mixture about a cup or so at a time, mixing in between, to ensure that the flour does not jump out onto the counter
- Scrape down sides and mix till smooth, but do not over mix.
- Scrape cookie dough into an air tight container, and put into the fridge.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours or overnight. Overnight is best.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Scoop balls onto an un-greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart, using a small ice cream scoop. Using a fork, smash on direction, then again to form a criss cross design.
- Using a fork, smash on direction, then again to form a criss cross design.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning baking sheets half way through. Allow to cool on pan for a few minutes, then using a spatula remove to a rack to cool.