Anytime we make these peanut butter cookies, we make a double batch. We then roll up a bunch of balls and allow to freeze and keep them in a bag in the freezer, for when we want freshly baked cookies! These cookies are crunchy on the outside, and tender on the inside. Perfect to dip into a cold glass of milk!
Make the them with or without a chocolate kiss on top!
Instructions for peanut butter cookies:
- First, whisk flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a bowl.
- Next, blend shortening, butter, peanut butter and sugars with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Now it is time to add in 1 egg at a time until just incorporated.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Scoop balls onto a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart, using a small ice cream scoop. Using a fork, smash on direction, then again to form a criss cross design.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning baking sheets half way through. Allow to cool on pan for a few minutes, then using a spatula remove to a rack to cool.