First and foremost, peanut butter cookies make everything better, over at our house.
All things considered, my family could be happy with just a stack of theses peanut butter cookies. In fact, they taste delicious plain, with an ice cold glass of milk. As a matter of fact, I could even make tiny ones and eat them for cereal for breakfast! Hah! For this reason, I make them standard size!
Not only are these peanut butter cookies delicately crunchy outside, but they are tender inside. Furthermore, if you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, simply top with Hershey’s kisses for a dreamy taste sensation! At any rate, plain or topped with chocolate kisses, you and your friends and family will love the taste of these peanut butter cookies! Therefore we make a double batch, and freeze cookie dough balls to bake whenever we want freshly baked cookies!
Basically, this recipe is on our top 10 cookie recipe list, and always will be. However, we have a few others you many want to try! So lets get baking!
Also, here are some more cookie recipes to try:
Ingredients for peanut butter cookies
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs (we use Pete and Gerrys)
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
Instructions for peanut butter cookies:
- First, whisk flour, baking powder, soda and salt in a bowl.
- Next, blend shortening, butter, peanut butter and sugars with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Now it is time to add in 1 egg at a time until just incorporated.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Scoop balls onto a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart, using a small ice cream scoop. Using a fork, smash on direction, then again to form a criss cross design.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning baking sheets half way through. Allow to cool on pan for a few minutes, then using a spatula remove to a rack to cool.
To make peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses, do not press with fork, but bake following directions, and when cookies come out, slightly smash one Hershey’s kiss onto top of cookie. Allow to set up.
- Category: cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: peanut butter cookies