This lemony cheese ravioli is a simple meal that can be on your table in about 30 minutes. With the help of prepared lemon cheese ravioli from Trader Joes that cooks up in about 5 minutes, this is one of our go to meals! We added asparagus and canned tomatoes to this dish. You could also sub out, depending on what you have in your pantry or fridge. We love adding fresh cherry tomatoes that have been cut into quarters. You can also use spinach instead of asparagus.
And as much as we love to make pasta from scratch, we always keep a few of the Trader Joes these ravioli varieties in our fridge, for a simple meatless meal! In fact, if you can not find the lemon ravioli, any refrigerated ravioli will do!
Ingredients for lemony cheese ravioli:
- 1 package Trader Joes Lemon Ravioli can also use Cacio de Pepe
- 1 Shallot small dice
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves of garlic shredded
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- juice of 1 lemon
- 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes including juice
- Pinch of hot pepper flakes optional
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 bunch of thin asparagus trimmed and cut on diagonal into 1 inch pieces
- Freshly grated parmesan for serving
- First, put on a small pot of water to boil and add 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to boil for the pasta while you prepare the sauce. Add lemon zest in and stir, and follow with the white wine. Stir, and allow wine to cook down, about 5 minutes, until reduced in half.
- Next, melt butter in a large pan. Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add garlic, and stir with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds.
- Now it is time to add in the lemon zest and the white wine. Stir the mixture, and allow to reduce by about half, about 5 minutes. Taste sauce and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- At this point, add the cheese ravioli into the hot water, and cook for 2 minutes less than what cook time is listed on package, as it will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Add lemon juice, and tomatoes. Add in hot pepper flakes at this point, if you want some heat. Bring up to a simmer to heat tomatoes through. Toss in asparagus, and stir, or flip pan to mix together. Using a slotted spoon, add the ravioli into the sauce, and stir, or toss again. Allow pasta to finish cooking in the sauce, for about 2 minutes.
- Serve in shallow bowls, as this is a brothy pasta. Top freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Check out some of these other recipes!