Glazed Carrots & Pears with Maple and Bourbon
Hello bubbly maple bourbon glazed carrots and pears! This dish comes together in about 40 minutes, and you just need a sheet pan to make it! Although we use bourbon in this dish, you can omit that, and just add some extra maple. The alcohol will cook off, so no worries! And if you want it vegan, use plant based butter.
We love to use both rainbow carrots and rainbow pears! This dish can be modified by trading out the pears for apples, and add rosemary instead of thyme. If you don’t want it as sweet, use butter, with a mixture of garlic, and lemon.
Whatever you do, be sure to add the pomegranate arils over the top before you serve these maple bourbon glazed carrots and pears! Not only does it make the dish look even more colorful, it pops the flavor too!
And do your self a favor, and go check out some of our friends
FANCY VEGETABLE SIDE DISHES down below!
- sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Vegatable peeler
- Melon baller
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
Ingredients for Maple Bourbon Glazed Carrots & Pears
- 3 ripe pears we buy a bag of multi colored from Trader Joes and use 1 of each color
- 12 rainbow carrots
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 8 grinds of fresh black pepper
- a pinch of sea salt
- 8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
Instructions for Maple Bourbon Glazed Carrots & Pears
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F. convection roast, or 350 F. for standard oven. Place sheet of parchment paper in a sheet pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter, bourbon, and 3 tablespoons of the maple syrup. Set aside.3 tablespoons melted butter, 4 tablespoons real maple syrup, 1 tablespoon bourbon
- Wash and peel rainbow carrots, patting dry. Then place carrots on parchment paper, pointing ends every other direction to help them fit more evenly.12 rainbow carrots
- Slice Pears down the middle, starting at the pointy end, just off to one side of the stem, leaving stem intact. Using a melon baller, scoop out the seeds, forming a small round area. Place pears on one of the long sides of the sheet pan, skin side down.3 ripe pears
- Pull a few leaves off of 4 of the sprigs of thyme, and sprinkle over carrots and pears. Drizzle the butter, bourbon, maple mixture over the tops of carrots, and pears. Using your hands, ensure that the mixture has covered all the carrots and pears. Now drizzle about a tablespoon or so of the maple syrup over the pears. Sprinkle the Aleppo pepper over carrots and pears. Freshly crack pepper over the carrots. Sprinkle all with a pinch of sea salt.3 ripe pears, 12 rainbow carrots, 3 tablespoons melted butter, 4 tablespoons real maple syrup, 1 tablespoon bourbon, 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper, a pinch of sea salt, 8 grinds of fresh black pepper
- Place pan into oven, and set timer for 12 minutes. Pull pan out after 12 minutes, and turn to coat carrots, and turn pears so that they are skin side up. Add a bit more of the Aleppo pepper over the top and a pinch of salt. Return to oven, and check after 10 minutes, but may take up to another 12. Watch for mixture to be bubbly.
- Pull sheet pan out of oven. Turn the pears back over so that the skin is down. Depending on style of service, you may serve right off the sheet pan, or move to a platter. Now you want to sprinkle the pomegranate arils over the top, making sure that the pears catch a few in the bubbly maple syrup that has found its way into the small hole made with the melon scooper.1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- Place the last 4 sprigs of thyme over the top as garnish before serving.8 sprigs of fresh thyme
Sharing more SIDE DISH VEGGIES from our friends!
All you need to complete your holiday get-together: