We have the best peach pie crumble recipe for you! This is made with fresh ripe Pearson Farm summer peaches, but you can also make it with frozen or canned peaches. We use brown sugar, butter and oatmeal in our crumble crust that forms a crunchy topping over the peachy goodness.
This peach pie crumble does not have a crust. Not only does this save time, but you won’t even miss it! The brown sugar, butter, and rolled oats create a crunchy topping that is so flavorful. We like it even better than pie crust!
Of course you are gonna want to serve this peach pie crumble slightly warm with vanilla ice cream. If you have the time to make the ice cream from scratch, it is totally worth it. Store bought will do just fine, though!
What you will need to make this Peach Crumble Pie:
- Brown Sugar
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Ground ginger
- Baking Dish
Ingredients for Crumble Topping:
Make Peach Pie Crumble Topping:
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cube butter and add to a bowl. Add brown sugar and flour into the butter. Using a pastry cutter, cut butter and flour and sugar together to form pea size pieces. If you do not have a pastry cutter, just use a fork, or your fingers, as that will work just as well if you cube the butter first.
- Add in the rolled oats, cinnamon, ginger and salt. At this point, it is best to use your hands to mix together the crumble so you can break up any large pieces of butter.
Prepare Peach Filling:
- Wash and slice peaches, leaving skin on. If using canned peaches drain off the juice. Add peaches to a bowl, and sprinkle with the flour and sugar, and toss to coat.
- Squeeze a lemon into a small bowl. Add in the corn starch and salt and stir to form a slurry. Drizzle this over the peaches, and slightly stir with a rubber spatula to coat.
Prepare the Peach Crumble Pie:
- Add peach filling to a pie dish. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top of the peach filling. Bake pie for 40-60 minutes. Turning half way. Look for a bubbling filling, and a browned and crisp crust.
- Allow peach pie crumble to cool slightly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.