This peach cheesecake recipe was developed while visiting Bruce’s mom in Louisville Kentucky. We took some Georgia peaches from Pearson Farms with us when we went to visit. While picking up baking supplies at the local grocery store I spied the animal crackers. I have always loved the slightly lemony flavor of the animal crackers. I asked Bruce if we could use these instead of graham crackers. Of course he agreed. And wow, the flavor is just so good!
While Bruce made the crust for the peach cheesecake, I got to work on peeling and dicing the peaches. Fresh peaches are what really gives this cheese cake the wonderful flavor. Don’t attempt this with canned peaches, as it is just not the same. Bruce whipped up the filling for the peach cheese cake and stirred in the diced fresh peaches.
After the cheese cake baked, the hard part was waiting till the next day to enjoy it. Bruce whisked up heavy cream and added just a bit of sugar for the topping. While he did this, I sliced a few peaches, leaving the skin on, and placed them in a bowl, with a bit of lemon juice and sugar on them.
- 1 mixer
- 2 Bowls
- 1 Knife
- 1 Springform pan
- 1 Serving Plate
- 1 ½ cups animal cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon reserved peach liquid
- 3 sliced peaches for decoration
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together the diced and peeled peaches, ¼ cup sugar and teaspoon of lemon juice in a bowl. Leave the mixture for an hour until a syrup forms.4 medium peaches peeled and diced, ¼ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Stir the animal cracker crumbs, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar together until combined. Press the mixture into the lined pan and part way up the sides. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the crust is golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool.1 ½ cups animal cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, 5 tablespoons melted butter
- Strain the diced peaches into a bowl and reserve the liquid.2 tablespoons reserved peach liquid, 4 medium peaches peeled and diced
- Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth and no lumps remain. Beat in the sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated. Mix in the sour cream. Mix in the reserved peach liquid and vanilla. Stir in the flour until combined.5 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened, 1 cup Sugar, 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3 tablespoons flour, 1/4 cup sour cream
- Pour mixture over the crust and bake on a sheet pan in the oven for 55 – 60 minutes. Bake until the cheesecake is firm on the sides but still just a little jiggly in the center. Turn the oven off and crack the oven door. Leave the cake in the oven for 45 minutes, then remove it to a rack to completely cool. When the cake has cooled, cover it and place in the refrigerator overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Peel and slice the peaches. Toss them in a bowl with the lemon juice.3 sliced peaches, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Whip the cream, powder sugar and teaspoon of the reserved peach juice until stiff peaks appear. Spread the whipped cream on top of the cake and fan out the sliced peaches on top.1 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon reserved peach liquid