Making this cream cheese peach galette is so simple. We used a store bought puff pastry, for the crust. The real star of the show are the sweet Georgia peaches from Pearson Farm. These are picked by hand and shipped directly to our doorstep. We just slice them up, and layer them onto this peach galette for a tasty that is out of this world.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 package puffed pastry
- 3 peaches
Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons course sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Using a food processor, hand mixer, or blender, combine all ingredients for the cream cheese filling. Blend until smooth.
- Place a sheet of parchment on a sheet pan, and roll out puff pastry on the parchment. Spread the cream cheese filling down the center of the puff pastry leaving about 1 ½ inches around the edge for folding over. Place sheet pan in the freezer to firm the pastry up, while preparing the peaches.
- Slice peaches in half, and remove pits. Evenly slice the peaches. Set aside in bowl, and splash with half the lemon to keep them bright.
- Bring the puff pastry out of the freezer, and working quickly, arrange the peaches in 3 rows on top of the cream cheese filling, overlapping the peach slices.
- Now it is time to wrap the puff pastry inward toward the peaches. Do this by starting on one edge and just pull crust in and continue around the entire outside.
- Brush edge of crust with egg, and sprinkle the crust with the castor sugar. Now add the sugar over the top.
- Pop this into the oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Spin around at 10 minute intervals. Since ovens vary, watch for a golden crust.
- Allow galette to cool for at least 30 minutes. May serve warm, or room temperature. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Ok – definitely going to have to try this with my last shipment of @Pearsonfarm peaches!! So sad to have to now wait until next year!! ?
Bruce and Dina Miller
Right? We are also sad that we have to wait for next Summer for more Pearson Peaches! They are the absolute best! Thank you so much for your comment!!
Dina and Bruce