If you are looking for a super easy Puff Pastry fruit tart to make, we are here for you. This dessert can be made in about an hour. You want to look for a plant based vegan pastry in your freezer section. We used Dufour Plant-based puff pastry.
Strawberries and blueberries were used in this puff pastry fruit tart for a bright and fresh dessert treat! You can update by swapping out this fruit for your favorites. Think about season fruit that is available. This would be great made with fresh figs and apples and fig jam! Use your imagination and get baking!
Chill the pastry again before baking.
Do not skip the extra chilling step when making this. Pop it in the fridge after working with it, while the oven preheats. This step gives the butter a chance to re-solidify. That is the trick to getting that puff! Take a look at the additional tips for baking with puff pastry, from Kelli Foster at The Kitchen.
Tips For Baking With Puff Pastry
Are Blueberries Healthy?
Blueberries are packed with antioxidants and phytoflavinoids. Blueberries are also high in potassium and vitamin C, making them the top choice of doctors and nutritionists. Not only can they lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, they are also anti-inflammatory.
10 Proven Health Benefits from Blueberries
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoon raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon course sugar can use regular sugar or turbinado sugar
- Prepare the fruit by rinsing and patting dry. Remove the hulls and quarter the strawberries. Set aside. Place the raspberry preserves in a heat proof glass bowl, and warm slightly on half power for about 30 seconds.1 cup strawberries, 1 cup blueberries
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll out the puff pastry. Using a pastry brush, paint the raspberry preserves lightly onto the puff pastry. Leave a 1 inch frame without the preserves around the outside edge.1 package puff pastry, 3 tablespoon raspberry preserves
- Place the strawberries over the preserves. Add the blueberries over the strawberries to fill in the spaces. Crimp the edges by folding over the crust. Add the remaining preserves over the top.1 cup strawberries, 1 cup blueberries, 3 tablespoon raspberry preserves
- Brush the pastry with almond milk and sprinkle with the course sugar. Also sprinkle some sugar of the top of the fruit. Slide tart on parchment onto a baking sheet pan. Place tart in freezer for 20 minutes to chill. This step is very important, to have your pastry puff up.1 tablespoon almond milk, 1 tablespoon course sugar
- While tart is chilling, pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Place tart in oven. Set timer for 10 minutes. At the 10 minute mark, spin tart around and bake for another 20 minutes. Since ovens vary, at 20 minutes, if the pastry is puffed and golden brown, but fruit is not bubbling, cover loosely with a tent of foil. If not yet browned, bake another 10 minutes. Once fruit is bubbling and pastry is golden brown, your tart is ready.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Slice into squares and serve warm. This can be served alone or with some dairy free ice cream.