You are in for a treat with these peach cobbler rolls. These are made with fresh Pearson Farm peaches. The sweetness of the peaches is just so incredible! This recipe is for 12 jumbo rolls, but you can make 24 small rolls if you would like!
What we love about Pearson Farm peaches is that they are delivered to our doorstep! From June until early August, they ship fresh Georgia peaches all over the continental United States.* Handpicked straight from our orchards, their sweet peaches are a summertime delight. *Please note that due to agricultural regulations, Pearson Farm is unable to ship our fresh peaches to California or Arizona.
Bruce makes these super-sized rolls, perfect for sharing! But who would want to? These rolls can raise while you do a load of laundry, or run to the grocery store. Just pop them into the oven once they are raised! You will have the yummiest breakfast for the whole family!
What you will need for these peach cobbler rolls:
- Instant dry yeast
- Salted butter
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking dishes: 2 small dishes or 1 large baking dish
- Baking spray
- Plastic wrap
Once the rolls are raised, it is time to bake! The peach juice stained from the peaches is used to flavor the cream cheese frosting. The frosting melts into the rolls to create the most tasty rolls!
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Pearson Farms
- large mixing bowl
- Baking Dish
- mixing bowl
- Plastic Wrap
For the Dough:
- 1 ½ cup warm milk about 110 degrees F
- 4 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 3 eggs at room temp
- 9 tablespoons salted butter melted and cooled
- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peach juice from the filling
- Wisk the yeast into the warm milk and let stand for 3-4 minutes.
- Mix flour, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Wisk eggs and butter into milk mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry and blend until the dough comes together. A firm rubber spatula or plastic bench scraper works well.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured counter and gently knead until the dough is firm but still a little sticky. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Lightly coat a large bowl with vegetable oil.
- Place the dough into the oiled bowl and cover with a moist dish towel.
- Set the bowl in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size about 1 hour.
- Prepare the peaches by removing the pits and chopping into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Coat the peaches with 1/2 cup sugar and place into a strainer. Place the strainer over a bowl to catch to catch the juices.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured counter. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a rectangle. Spread the softened butter onto the dough. I like to use my hands.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup sugar over the butter. Make sure that coverage is even. Evenly spread the chopped peaches over the sugar and butter.
- Starting on the long end, roll the dough up firmly, tucking the ends in as you go.
- Cut into 12 slices for jumbo size rolls and place in a greased 9×13 baking pan or 2 smaller pans.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and allow the rolls to rise for 1 hour or until nearly double.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Warm the heavy cream until the chill is off. Once the rolls have risen, pour the heavy cream over the top of the rolls, allowing it to soak down in and around the rolls.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes, until the rolls are lightly golden brown and the center rolls are cooked through. Rotate the rolls at 10 minutes.
- If they are getting too browned, cover loosely with foil for the remaining baking time. We check for a temp of 190 F. internally to ensure the dough is baked through.
- Make the cream cheese frosting. In a medium mixing bowl blend the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth using a hand mixer. Slowly add powdered sugar.
- Add the vanilla. Add enough peach juice until desired consistency and flavor is reached.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled rolls.