The smell of freshly baked pecan chocolate chip cookies is like no other. The toasty smell of pecans, hits just right. The melty chocolate, combine with the crunch of the pecan is the perfect combination. These cookies are not gonna last long, so you may want to make a double batch! Oh, and we think these are the perfect cookies to make for your sweetheart this Valentines day!
We are partnering with Pearson Farm, to bring you this drool worthy pecan chocolate chip cookie recipe! Not only are there chopped pecans in the cookie, but we have studded the tops of the cookie with Elliot Pecans for an added crunch and boost of delicious pecan flavor!
Can I freeze the dough?
Yes, once you scoop the cookie dough into balls and allow to set up on a cookie sheet in the fridge for at last 30 minutes. Then place them into a ziplock bag and place them in the freezer. Be sure to label them with the temperature and time to bake them at, along with the date. They will keep up to 1 month in the freezer. When you want a fresh batch of cookies, remove from bag and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Also, you may need to add 1 to 2 minutes onto your baking time.
What kind of pecans should I use?
Fresh Pearson Farm Georgia Pecans are what we use in our cookies. We sometimes use the pecan pieces that are already chopped. Other times we use the mammoth pecans and chop them ourselves. But for sure we use the Elliot Pecans, which are slightly smaller for the tops of these pecan chocolate chip cookies.
Do these cookies ship well?
These cookies are perfect to make and ship to a loved one. The key is to plan on baking them the day of or the day before you want to ship them out. Then be sure to use parchment or waxed paper between the layers of cookies. Putting them in a container with hard sides, vs a bag is the way to go. This will protect them from getting broken.
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 1 Whisk
- 2 cookie sheets
- 1 cookie scoop
Directions for Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.2 ½ cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ¾ teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter, shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.½ cup butter, ½ cup Shortening, 2/3 cup sugar, 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Add in the eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add in the vanilla extract and mix to combine.2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stie until just combined. Stir in the milk chocolate chips and pecans.2 ½ cups chocolate chips, 1 ¼ cups pecans
- Cool the dough for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350. Using a cookie scoop, place balls of dough onto cookie sheets and bake for 12 minutes. Rotate the pans halfway through. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookies sheet for 6 minutes and remove to a cooling rack.
If you love pecans as much as we do, give these recipes a try!