Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza Detroit Style
Are you tired of the same old pizza options? Look no further than the delicious combination of chicken, bacon, ranch, and Detroit-style crust. This unique pizza blend offers the perfect balance of savory and creamy flavors, all on top of a crispy, deep-dish crust. In this blog post, we’ll share the recipe for this mouth-watering pizza creation and some tips for making the perfect crust. Trust us, this pizza will be a game changer for your next pizza night.
This chicken bacon Ranch pizza is Detroit style! We use our traditional pizza dough or our sourdough pizza dough to make this. We layer on Italian seasoning, fresh mozzarella, and copious amounts of Ranch dressing smothered chicken! You can use leftover or smoked chicken, or grab a rotisserie chicken at the store.
What is Detroit-Style Pizza?
Detroit-style pizza is a thick, square or rectangular cut pizza with a crunchy, fried bottom layer of crust overflowing with delicious melted cheese. The corners are the most coveted pieces, as they are super crunchy!
Who invented Detroit-Style Pizza?
The Detroit-Style Pizza legacy began at Buddy’s Rendezvous Pizzeria on Six Mile and Conant street on Detroit’s eastside when in 1946 Gus Guerra and Concetta “Connie” Piccinato made their first square-shaped pizza.
What you will need to make this Chicken Bacon Ranch Detroit Style Pizza:
- Pizza dough
- Garlic olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh mozzarella
- Ranch Dressing
- Heavy metal 13×9 baking pan
- Homemade or store bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian or Pizza seasoning
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 15 thick slices of fresh mozzarella
- 1 lb. bacon cut up and cooked
- 3 cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 1/3 cup Ranch Dressing can use more if you want
- Pre-heat oven to 475 F. Spray 13x9 pan with spray oil. Then brush the entire pan with garlic oil, make sure to get the corners.
- Roll out pizza dough into a rectangle shape. Place the dough into pan, and press into corners. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Add the freshly grated mozzarella over the top, again, make sure to get cheese into the corners of the pan.
- If your fresh mozzarella is on the moist side, after slicing the thick pieces, press them with a tea towel or paper towel to get the moisture out. Then layer the slices over the grated mozzarella. Trust us, this is the order you want to go in!
- Now it is time for the bacon! Sprinkle the bacon evenly over the mozzarella. Yes, we use a full pound of bacon fried up for this. This is how much you will want for the ration of pizza crust, to cheese, to chicken!
- In a bowl, mix the cooked chicken with the ranch dressing. We use our hands to mix this. You are looking for a mixture that is on the wetter side, just not too wet. Adjust the Ranch dressing amount based on your chicken amount. Now put that chicken over the top of the bacon. The chicken protects the bacon from getting over cooked, and everything will melt together, we promise!
- Bake for 15 minutes, then cover with foil, and turn for even baking. Remove pizza from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes, to set up. Run a butter knife along the outside of the pizza to loosen it up from the pan. Using a thin metal spatula, remove the pizza onto a butcher block. Slice pizza into squares.