Italian Chicken Cutlet recipe is one of our favorites! These delectable cutlets are thinly sliced and perfectly seasoned with Italian herbs and parmesan cheese, ensuring every bite is filled with golden brown, crispy goodness. Let’s dive into the recipe and get cooking!
This Italian chicken cutlet recipe is a crowd-pleaser that’s perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions. The combination of crispy cutlets and juicy cherry tomatoes creates a delightful contrast that will leave everyone craving for more.
Prep and cook time are less than 30 minutes, making it an ideal option for busy individuals or anyone who loves a quick and flavorful meal. The blend of Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, melty mozzarella and cherry tomatoes brings an authentic Italian touch to the dish that’s sure to impress your loved ones.
Try out this recipe, and you’ll fall in love with the irresistible flavors and textures of these Italian chicken cutlets. Bon appétit!
Can I grill the chicken instead of frying it?
Absolutely! In fact, most of the time we grill our chicken for this recipe. If you decide to do this, you will want to marinate the chicken in buttermilk with Italian herbs, garlic powder and black pepper for at least 2 hours to help flavor the chicken and make it more tender. You will want to FINISH it off in the oven, the same way in order to get the cheese to melt. You can also place the grilled chicken with the mozzarella in your air fryer to melt it.
Can I make a Dairy free & Gluten free version of this dish?
Yes! Leave out the parmesan and the mozzarella for a lighter, dairy free meal. Substitute almond flour for the traditional flour. You will still get a golden crust, but gluten free!
I like a Red sauce for my chicken cutlets.
We got you! We do a version of this Italian Chicken Cutlet recipe that uses cherry tomatoes as the base of the sauce. The chicken cutlets in this recipe are acutally grilled. Give our Caprese Grilled Chicken Recipe a try!
- sheet pan
- 2 Pans
- 2 chicken breasts sliced horizontal to create 4 thin pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mozzarella
- 1 bundle asparagus rinsed, ends cut off
Dredging mixture for Chicken:
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
Make dredging mixture for chicken
- In a shallow bowl or pan mix the flour, parmesan cheese, granulated garlic and Italian seasoning.1 ½ cup flour, ½ cup parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons granulated garlic, 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Heat oil in skillet. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and sauté in skillet on both sides till browned, and remove to a wire rack on a cookie sheet. If cooking in 2 batches, cook the thicker pieces first, and place them in oven while doing the 2nd batch.2 chicken breasts, 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Now top the chicken with slices of mozzarella and place in a 350 F. oven.8 ounces mozzarella
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter, add shallots, sauté. Add garlic, pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook another few minutes. Add wine. Cook down a few minutes.1 stick butter, 1 shallot, 3 cloves garlic, 1 Tablespoon Italian seasonings, ½ cup white wine, 8 grinds black pepper
- Check doneness of chicken. Turn pan once. As cheese is finishing melting, finish sauce with tomatoes and steam asparagus in microwave dish. Can also roast asparagus in oven on another sheet.1 bundle asparagus
- Add roasted tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Add fresh tomatoes, and cook for 1 minute.½ cup roasted tomatoes, 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Place asparagus on plate, top with chicken, then sauce, and fresh parsley.