Looking for a delicious and nutritious meal that won’t compromise your health goals? Look no further than healthy grilled chicken wraps! These wraps are not only easy to make but also offer a myriad of health benefits. By swapping out the traditional tortillas with lettuce and incorporating fresh veggies and tantalizing dips made with Greek yogurt, you can take your grilled chicken wraps to a whole new level of flavor and nutrition. Grabbing a McDonalds Chicken Wrap might seem like the easiest way to have dinner, but we think once you make these, you will be hooked!
Grilled chicken instead of fried
Grilled chicken is a fantastic source of lean protein, making it an ideal ingredient for those seeking a balanced and healthy diet. You can still get the flavor by marinating the chicken with spices and Greek yogurt. Packed with essential nutrients, grilled chicken helps build and repair tissues, supports muscle growth, and boosts your metabolism.
Replace the tortilla with lettuce
One of the first steps in upping your game is to replace the conventional tortillas with lettuce leaves. This simple swap not only reduces the calorie and carbohydrate content of your wrap but also adds a refreshing crunch to every bite. Lettuce wraps are an excellent alternative for individuals following a low-carb or gluten-free diet, providing a lighter and more refreshing experience.
Add veggies for crunch and flavor
To further enhance the nutritional profile and taste of your grilled chicken wraps, consider incorporating a variety of colorful vegetables. From crisp bell peppers and zucchini to juicy tomatoes and crunchy carrots, the possibilities are endless. These veggies bring a host of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to the table, providing a nutrient-rich boost to your meal. Additionally, the vibrant colors create an eye-catching presentation that will make your wraps even more enticing.
Dip without the guilt
Now, let’s talk about the game-changing Greek yogurt dips. Greek yogurt is an excellent substitute for high-fat and calorie-laden dips, offering a creamy and tangy flavor without the guilt. Rich in protein and low in carbohydrates, Greek yogurt not only adds a delightful creaminess to your wraps but also provides essential nutrients like calcium and probiotics for a healthy gut.
You can get creative with your Greek yogurt dips by experimenting with various flavors and ingredients.We made 3 great sauces for our spicy chicken lettuce wraps using the other half of the 32 ounce container of yogurt. We mixed in avocado, dijon, capers and more. You can make your own spin on your sauces!
By incorporating lettuce wraps, a medley of colorful vegetables, and tantalizing Greek yogurt dips, you can transform your grilled chicken wraps into a mouthwatering and nutritious meal. Not only will these wraps satisfy your taste buds, but they will also nourish your body with a wholesome balance of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Ziplock bag
- 3 small jars
- Imersion blender
Ingredients for Chicken Marinade:
- 3 chicken breasts skinless chicken breasts, with any fat and cartilage trimmed off
- 1 tablespoon course ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic not garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard dijon
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Lime juiced
- 16 ounces Greek yogurt
Ingredients for sauces:
- 16 ounces Greek Yogurt divided into 3 jars
- 5 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, minced
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon mustard dijon
- 1 tablespoon capers
- salt and pepper to taste about a pinch of each to each jar
- 1 cucumber English, julienned
- 1 red pepper cut into bite size strips
- 8 radishes sliced and julienned
- 3 carrots sliced and julienned
- 1 lime quartered for garnish
- 1 head butter lettuce washed and dried
- Add the chicken to container that you can cover, or into a freezer ziplock bag. Add in the pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder, and turn to coat. Add in the mustard, chili garlic sauce and Worcestershire sauce and juice of one lime. Add in half of a 32 ounce container of greek yogurt, reserving the rest for the sauces. Mix and turn chicken, till they are completely coated. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or all day, or even overnight!
- While chicken marinates, prepare the yogurt sauces. We use an immersion blender, and squatty mason jars to make these, as it makes less of a mess, and the jars are easy to serve the sauce in at the table.
Let’s make the sauces:
- Divide the rest of the container of greek yogurt evenly between 3 bowls or jars.
- To make the avocado sauce, add half an avocado, 1/4 cup minced cilantro, juice of half a lime 3 tablespoons buttermilk and salt and pepper, into the first jar of greek yogurt. Blend with immersion blender.
Dijon Caper Sauce:
- Add 1 tablespoons of capers, 1 tablespoon of buttermilk and 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard into the Greek yogurt, and season with salt and pepper. Blend with immersion blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce, 1 tablespoon buttermilk, and salt and pepper into the jar of yogurt. Blend with immersion blender.
- Wash the lettuce and lay out on paper towels on a sheet pan to dry, using more paper towels on top. Cut up all the veggies and place into small bowls for serving.
- Prepare grill, and clean grates. Slightly oil grates to avoid chicken sticking. Place chicken breasts on grill and cover for 3 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook for another 3 minutes. Since size of chicken and grills vary, you will want to make sure that chicken is completely cooked. If it is a thicker chicken breast, allow a total of 10 minutes. Flip the chicken for 2 minutes, for cross marks, and flip it for another 2. If you have some pieces that are slightly bigger, allow them to continue to grill and set the smaller chicken breasts on the upper shelf or to the side. To check, use a thermometer to for an internal temperature in the thickest part of the chicken of 165 degrees.
- Bring chicken in on a platter and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Cut chicken into strips, and then again cross wise to form bite size pieces.
- Place chicken in a bowl and serve at table with the lettuce cups and veggies and sauces.
More fresh recipes to try!
- Panerra poppyseed salad with grilled chicken
- Greek salad with shrimp