When it comes to a great cake flavor combo, lemon and pistachio check all the boxes!
Lemon Pistachio Cake
Are you in the mood for a delicious and unique dessert that will impress your guests? Look no further than a lemon pistachio cake with cream cheese frosting. This recipe combines the tangy flavors of lemon with the rich, nutty taste of pistachios. The Bundt pan gives the cake a beautiful shape, making it a show-stopping dessert for any occasion. And the creamy and smooth cream cheese frosting is the perfect finishing touch. With just a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, you can create this delectable dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. So, let’s get baking!
Why you will like this cake:
This is made with fresh ingredients, like lemons, pistachios, milk, and Greek yogurt. You control what you put into it, rather than having ingredients that you can not pronounce.
Pistachios are good for you! They are high in protein, fiber, and antioxidants. They also boast several other important nutrients, including vitamin B6 and potassium. Pistachios are rich in a variety of nutrients and may support weight loss, gut health, blood sugar control, and heart health. They are also versatile and can be enjoyed in many recipes. Read about the benefits of pistachios in 9 Health Benefits of Pistachios by Amy Richter, RD.
And if you love pistachios, give our pistachio pudding filled pistachio cake or cupcakes, a try!
- Bundt pan
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Soak ½ cup of pistachios in 1 ¼ cup milk overnight.½ cup shelled pistachios, 1 ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a bundt pan.
- Add 1 ¼ cups pistachios to a food processor and pulse until very fine, almost flour-like.1 ¼ cups shelled pistachios
- Whisk the flour, ground pistachios, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest in a bowl and set aside.2 ¾ cups flour, 2 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, 2 tbls lemon zest
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, almost white about 4 minutes.1 cup butter, 2 ½ cups sugar
- Add the eggs, one at a time until incorporated. Add in the vanilla bean paste and lemon juice and mix until combined.6 eggs, 1 ½ tbls vanilla bean paste, 3 tbls freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Next, add the Greek yogurt and mix until completely combined.¾ cups plain Greek yogurt
- With the mixer on low speed, alternate adding the dry ingredients and pistachio milk until just incorporated.1 cup pistachio milk
- Pour batter into bundt pan (it will be very thick), and smooth out with a rubber spatula. Bang the pan on the counter a couple times to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until cake is no longer jiggly and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a cooling rack and let cool for another 10 minutes (don't lift the pan off of the cake yet). Once it has cooled for 10 minutes, gently lift the pan off of the cake.
- To make the glaze, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice lemon zest and lemon extract in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined.8 oz cream cheese, zest and juice of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, 1 cup powdered sugar
- Pour glaze over the cake and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.