Don’t even think you have tasted the best thing ever if you have never had bourbon salted caramel sauce. I am not even a bourbon fan, and then I tasted this. To describe it would be to say imagine if butter, bourbon and caramel all went on a 3 week vacation, and met a sprinkle of salt. Yep, that is how it tastes. I have not ever been on a 3 week vacation, but I can only imagine it is about as good as this!
Okay, let’s get serious. Just for a minute. This sauce is so good, you can put it on just about anything. Bruce created it to get drizzled over these BOURBON PECAN CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES, and wow, was that a good idea! Of course, we had to top the blondies with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream first. Then we warmed the sauce, and drizzled it over the whole thing. No regrets.
Ingredients for Bourbon Caramel Sauce:
- 2 cups dark brown sugar packed
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbls bourbon
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- Instructions for Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Stir the brown sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for about 10 minutes the mixture thickens. Whisk frequently.
- Add in heavy cream, vanilla, and bourbon. Gently whisk. Raise the heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the salt. Cool in the pan for about 10 mins.
- Pour the sauce into a jar and cool completely until ready to use.