Easy Shortbread Sprinkle Cookies (Just 6 Ingredients)
Easy shortbread sprinkle cookies are little nuggets of happiness. And, when you have a platter of cookies for people to enjoy, even those that are “watching what they eat” will still grab a little nugget. Oh, and these can be made in less than an hour!
- cookie sheets
- Plastic Wrap
- Pizza Cutter
Instructions for Funfetti Shortbread Cookies:
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Line a ½ sheet baking pan with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy, almost white.1 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar
- Add in the almond extract and salt. Add in flour and beat until incorporated.½ teaspoon almond extract, ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 ½ cups flour
- Stir in nonpareils. Mix till distributed.6 Tablespoons nonpareils
- Dough will appear crumbly at this point. Knead the dough in the mixer bowl 5 or 6 times until a ball forms.
- Press the dough evenly into the lined ½ sheet pan. To make sure the dough is even, cover the dough with plastic wrap and press a second ½ sheet pan firmly on top of the dough.
- Remove the top plastic wrap and turn the pan over on to a cutting board. Cut the dough into ½ inch squares. A pizza cutter works great. Place the dough squares ½ inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 17-18 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and put onto cooling rack. Store in air tight container.