We love sweet and spicy toasted pecans! And these can be toasted up in no time! Obviously you will want to make extra so you have some to snack on for the next day!
Use whatever spice you want to switch up the flavor!
These pecans can be used to top waffles, pancakes, cupcakes, salads, or just have them along with a glass of wine, and slice of cheese, on a cool fall evening.
- 2 cups whole pecans
- Spray oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 grinds pepper
- Sprinkle of salt
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with oil
- Spread whole pecans on sheet
- Spray pecans with oil
- Sprinkle with brown sugar
- Generously dust with cinnamon
- Lightly dust with cayenne pepper
- Apply freshly ground pepper
- Bake for 12 minutes, checking and stirring after 5, continue to check, as all ovens are different. When crisp, pull out, lightly salt, and remove from sheet so they do not continue to cook.
- Category: Breakfast, Salad, Snack
- Cuisine: American