Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage & Kale Gnocchi
This Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage & Kale (or Cauliflower) Gnocchi one pan meal will have you sitting down to dinner in less than 30 minutes! With just 8 ingredients, and one pan, both the prep and the clean up will be a breeze! We like to use a large cast iron skillet to get a nice brown on the sausage. Because it is pre-cooked, all you need to do is brown it up for a nice crust!
In this one pan wonder, in addition to the Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage, we use a bag of their frozen Kale Gnocchi, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh cherry tomatoes. Of course, that is what we had in our fridge, but if you want to swap out the Kale Gnocchi for Cauliflower Gnocchi, make it happen! Love mushrooms? Add those!
One of the things we love about Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage, is it is a great grab and go item that we can keep in the fridge for a quick meal! It is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We used the jalapeño variety of sausage in this recipe, but any flavor will work!
What you will need to make this chicken sausage and kale gnocchi:
- Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage
- Garlic olive oil (or plain olive oil)
- Frozen Trader Joe’s Kale(or Cauliflower) Gnocchi
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive Tapenade
- Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil.
- White wine
What can I substitute for the wine?
Use vegatable or chicken broth in place of the white wine. We are using this to help steam the gnocchi and give it a little flavor. Any liquid will work.
What is a substitue for the olive tapenade?
You can just slice up some green or greek olives, or simply leave this out. Adding this gives the dish a bit of flavor and saltiness, so if you leave this out, add a pinch of salt.
How to make it vegan:
Swap out the chicken sausage for a vegan variety, or use another vegatable instead. A great one would be broccoli, as it browns up nicely in this dish.
- 3 sausages package Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage
- 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil or plain garlic oil
- 12 ounces bag frozen Trader Joe’s Kale Gnocchi
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup Olive Tapenade
- ¼ cup diced Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil.
- Splash of white wine can substitute chicken broth
- Heat up a large cast-iron skillet. Slice the chicken sausage into discs. Add to hot pan, and drizzle with a little of the garlic olive oil. Allow to cook for a few minutes to brown on one side. Using a wooden spoon, stir the sausage around to turn them over.3 sausages package Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage, 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil
- While the sausage is browning, cut up the sun dried tomatoes into bit size pieces about the size of a pea, and set aside.¼ cup diced Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil.
- Once you brown the sausage on one side, and turn it over, add in the bag of frozen kale gnocchi. It only takes 7 minutes to heat up! Add the butter & sun-dried tomatoes and a little of the oil from the jar of tomatoes. Stir.12 ounces bag frozen Trader Joe’s Kale Gnocchi, 1 tablespoon butter, ¼ cup diced Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, and stir so that the tomatoes are on the surface of the pan so they start to blister. Give them a couple minutes to blister with lid on. Now add the olive tapenade and a touch of water, broth or white wine, and cover with a lid for about 4 minutes, then stir, and cook for another 1-2 minutes, till heated through.½ cup cherry tomatoes, ¼ cup Olive Tapenade, Splash of white wine, ¼ cup diced Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!