How to Store
Storing these is simple:
- Be sure to allow to completely cool before storing
- Store in an air tight container, or wrapped in foil, thightly.
- May be kept for up to one week, in the fridge
You may want to make variatons with different flavor profiles
- Ground chicken will work in this white chili
- Swap a red or green pepper for the poblano for a more mild version
- Add diced jalapēno for a kick!
Ingredients You Will Need
Slice that chicken thin, and get ready for this saucy dinner!
- Chicken breasts (boneless and skinless): The primary protein source in the dish, providing a lean and versatile base for the piccata.
- Flour (for dredging): Used to coat the chicken before frying, creating a crispy and golden exterior. It also helps thicken the sauce later.
- Garlic granules or garlic powder: Adds a rich and savory flavor to the chicken. Garlic complements the tangy and bright elements of the piccata sauce.
- Lemon pepper seasoning: Imparts a zesty and citrusy flavor to the chicken, enhancing its overall taste. This seasoning complements the lemony character of the sauce.
- Extra-virgin olive oil (for frying): Used to fry the chicken breasts, contributing to the dish’s flavor and providing a desirable texture to the exterior of the chicken.
- Shallot (diced): Adds a mild and sweet onion flavor to the sauce, enhancing its complexity.
- Garlic (thinly sliced): Works in conjunction with the garlic used in the chicken dredging, intensifying the overall garlic aroma in the dish.
- Chicken broth: Provides a savory and flavorful liquid base for the sauce, balancing the acidity from the lemon juice and wine.
- Lemon juice: Infuses the sauce with a bright and citrusy flavor, creating the signature piccata taste.
- Dry white wine (may substitute chicken broth): Adds depth and complexity to the sauce. The acidity and flavor from the wine complement the other ingredients.
- Butter (sliced into pieces): Contributes richness and creaminess to the sauce, creating a velvety texture and smoothing out the flavors.
- Lemon (thinly sliced): Adds both visual appeal and additional citrusy notes to the dish.
- Capers (rinsed): Introduces a briny and tangy element, cutting through the richness of the butter and providing a distinctive flavor to the sauce.
Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oh, let me tell you about these delightful Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies that we adored in our home since I was a little kid! It was a regular thing during December, as my mother, Ida would whip up a large batch of these mouthwatering treats. She would keep them in old coffee cans in the freezer, and of course we would find them and sneak some out!
These Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars have a remarkable resemblance to the beloved Italian treat, biscotti, but with their own unique twist! The espresso, almonds and chocolate come together to form the perfect flavor. These delightful cookie bars possess a special crunchy texture that is simply irresistible.
Just like traditional biscotti, these cookie bars are baked to golden perfection, resulting in a satisfying crunch with every bite. The secret lies in the baking process that allows them to become wonderfully crisp and sturdy, making them perfect for dipping into a warm beverage, just like biscotti.
One of the best things about these cookies was how effortless they were to make. It was almost like magic! My mom would gather the simple ingredients, mix them together, and voilà – the cookie bars would come to life in no time. The aroma of freshly baked cookies, infused with the mesmerizing scent of espresso, would waft through the house, making it even harder to resist reaching for a bite.
Simply mix up the batter, press it in a pan, and cover it with slivered almonds. Slice these espresso chocolate chip cookies while they are still warm, these cookies set up to be a crunchy, treat that will be perfect for dipping into coffee, or milk!
Why you will love these cookie bars:
Rich Coffee Flavor: The inclusion of espresso imparts a deep and bold coffee taste, making these bars a dream come true for coffee enthusiasts who enjoy the robustness of espresso.
Perfect Balance of Sweetness: The combination of chocolate chips and a touch of sugar strikes a perfect balance of sweetness, satisfying both the chocolate lovers and those with a sweet tooth.
Easy to Make: The recipe for espresso chocolate chip bars is often straightforward and simple, making it accessible to both experienced bakers and those trying their hand at baking for the first time.
Pairing Perfection: Espresso chocolate chip bars pair exceptionally well with a hot cup of coffee or a glass of milk, making them an ideal treat for coffee breaks or afternoon indulgence.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. standard overn or 350 F. convection oven.
- Cream butter and sugar.1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar
- Add salt, vanilla, almond extract and espresso powder to combine. Add in flour, and mix.1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon almond extract, 2 Tablespoons Instant Espresso Powder
- Add in flour, and mix.2 cups flour
- Add in chocolate chips. Mix in.2 cups chocolate chips
- Press dough into an ungreased 9 X 13 pan. Sprinkle slivered almonds over top off cookie dough, and press gently. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a golden brown on almonds forms.2/3 cup slivered almonds
- Remove from oven, and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Flip pan over onto a cutting board. This is important: Do not wait LONGER than 5 minutes to cut. You will cut when still slightly warm, otherwise the bars are too hard to cut.
- Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to cut bars. We like to do narrow bars, but any shape will do!
- Once bars are cut, allow to cool until set up. Bars will become crunchy, once cooled. Do not move cookie bars when they are still warm, or they will break.
- Store cooled bars in an air tight container.