Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies were a staple in our house growing up. My mother would make a big batch of these every December. The intense flavor of chocolate, espresso, and almonds was amazing. These cookie bars are so easy to make.
Simply mix up the batter, press it in a pan, and cover it with slivered almonds. Slice these espresso chocolate chip cookies while they are still warm, these cookies set up to be a crunchy, treat that will be perfect for dipping into coffee, or milk!
What you will need to make these espresso chocolate chip cookies:
- Almond extract
- Instant Espresso Powder
- Chocolate chips
- Slivered almonds
How to make these cookies:
Mix everything but the almonds to gather in a bowl.
Press dough into pan. Sprinkle slivered almonds over top off cookie dough. Bake!
Cool, and flip out onto a cutting board. Cut into bars.
Once bars are cut, allow to cool until set up.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. or 350 convection oven.
- Cream butter and sugar.Add salt, vanilla, almond extract and espresso powder to combine. Add in flour, and mix. Add in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into an ungreased 9X13 pan. Sprinkle slivered almonds over top off cookie dough, and press gently. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a golden brown on almonds forms.
- Remove from oven, and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Flip pan over onto a cutting board. Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter to cut bars. We like to do narrow bars, but any shape will do!
- Once bars are cut, allow to cool until set up. Bars will become crunchy, once cooled. Do not move cookie bars when they are still warm, or they will break.